- Multi-Country Programs, Multi-Country Programs
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Fall Semester
- Program Description:
Established in 1963, Semester at Sea is the only global education program of its kind in the world. Using a ship as our traveling campus, undergraduates, lifelong learners, faculty, and lecturers live and learn together while circumnavigating the globe each fall and spring semester. Credit earned is fully transferable by Colorado State University.
FALL VOYAGES INVESTIGATE MULTIPLE COUNTRIES:
- Last 100-110 days
- Include 10-14 international destinations
- Explore multiple countries in 3 continents (Europe, Africa, South America)
- 12-15 transferable credits from Colorado State University
Sail around the globe exploring up to 15 countries with Semester at Sea and get the broadest cultural and intellectual exposure possible in one semester. Classroom learning aboard ship integrates with relevant field studies in port, immersing you in the world's most important issues such as sustainability, economic empowerment, globalization, religious pluralism, and national identity. You will earn a full semester of transferable credit from Colorado State University and gain global skills that stand out like nothing else on your resume.
Studying abroad with Semester at Sea offers many educational benefits, including: * Transferable credit from the Colorado State University to your home institution * Beyond-the-classroom interaction with local peoples and cultures * Engaging, intensive interaction with faculty in a living/learning environment * First-hand application of theory and methodology in-country * Greater knowledge of other cultures and foreign languages * Enhanced understanding of developing nations * Understanding of the complexity, dynamics, and interdependence of world systems * Preparation that stands out like nothing else on your resume
- Setting Description:
- The MV World Odyssey is a modern and safe passenger ship that circumnavigates the globe twice a year with the Semester at Sea program. Complete with a student union, wireless Internet, library, and many of the amenities you’d find on a land-based campus, the ship functions as both a traveling university and residential home to more than 1,000 participants each year.
- $23,950-$29,950 USD. Varies per cabin. Please visit website for more information.
Additional Program Information
- -Students must be enrolled full-time in a degree-granting program at an accredited college/university (domestic or international) -Students must have completed at least one full term at the post-secondary level Students must demonstrate at least a 2.75 cumulative GPA and be in good academic standing -Students must have their school’s judicial affairs office complete a disciplinary clearance form at time of application -Students must demonstrate their writing skills in a 300-500 word essay as indicated on the application
- Scholarships Description:
- We offer more than $4 million in financial aid annually! Visit our website at www.semesteratsea.org/scholarships for more information.