Master’s Degree Program, offered by University of Siena; Siena, Italy in partnership with the Institute for Cultural Diplomacy.
- Siena, Italy
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- International Relations, International Relations
- Program Description:
- The program provides a foundation in International Relations and Cultural Diplomacy, using a historical and case study approach in the framework of international relations theory and political science. The degree focuses on several academic disciplines related to International Relations, Global Politics and Global Governance, with a particular emphasis on Cultural Diplomacy and its historical and contemporary application in the public sector, private sector and civil society. The program addresses contemporary international issues, with classroom seminars and lectures, as well as educational & cultural events, conferences, professional trainings, tours, visits and meetings with foreign officials, which are further incorporated into the curriculum. Students will meet with leading experts working in international organizations, embassies, and academic institutions, and will engage with specialists in the areas of International Relations, Global Governance, Communication, Politics, Human Rights, Culture, Peace Building, Multilateral Diplomacy, Conflict Resolution, and Development. The program provides students with practical experience for both academic and professional development, preparing students for careers in diverse fields, such as international relations, the humanities, politics, Culture, foreign policy and international economics. The international environment of the Center for Cultural Diplomacy Studies offers students a unique opportunity to interact with leading experts and academics at a wide variety of international organizations and research centers. This exceptional learning environment leads to original research and independent study opportunities. On a practical level, it allows students to create a solid professional network and form a concrete base for future academic and professional career choices, preparing students for engagement in the international arena, civil society, politics, governmental organizations and international economic organizations, as well as the private sector. Program Curriculum The MA Program in International Relations & Cultural Diplomacy consists of 60 ECTS Credits in total and has duration of two semesters, which take place in both Berlin, Germany and Siena, Italy, a Professional Development Training Program, designed individually for each student and a Thesis to be submitted towards the completion of the program. Applications for the program are accepted throughout the year. Next start dates: Spring Semester 2015: March 30th, 2015; or May 11th, 2015 Fall Semester 2015: October 1st, 2015 Application deadline Spring Semester 2015: February 30th, 2015; or April 10th, 2015 Fall Semester 2015: August 31st, 2015
Additional Program Information
- The Master’s Degree is awarded by the University of Siena, which is recognized as a fully accredited institution of higher education with the right to award university degrees. As part of the Bologna process, Credits obtained through our MA program are equivalent to those of courses at universities in all other 30+ signatory countries. Students will earn 60 credits upon completion.
- Financial Aid:
- Individuals studying for a One Year MA Program in International Relations & Cultural Diplomacy will represent a diverse range of cultural and academic backgrounds, and will have consistently demonstrated academic excellence and leadership. Candidates will include recent BA graduates as well as young professionals who combine strong academic backgrounds with significant work experience. Individuals are required to hold a BA degree (or equivalent Degree) of minimum of 3 years studies, as degrees from across the world and from any field are acceptable. All courses will be taught in English, and proficiency in English is therefore a pre-requisite for application. Test (TOFEL or similar) or a proof attests that the applicant has studied at least one semester in English is sufficient for proving the level of English.
- International Requirements:
- Non EU Students are required to submit their High School Certificate and Birth Certificate. For the official enrollment process at the University and registrations as a student, all copies must be certified. If the original document is written in any other language then English, French, Romanian or German, then a certified translation in English, together with a copy of the original is required. For the first application stage, regular copies sent via E-Mail are sufficient.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program