The MA program follows the conventional university structure of a one-year course divided into two different semesters and a Professional Development Training Program, designed individually for each student. Benefits: • The degree focuses on several acad
- Berlin, Germany; Siena, Italy
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Fall Semester, Winter Semester
- Program Description:
- Operating under a joint partnership, the University of Siena and the Academy for Cultural Diplomacy are the first institutions to offer a Master of Arts degree program that will educate students from around the world in several academic disciplines related to Global Governance, International Relations and Cultural Diplomacy. The program addresses contemporary international issues, with classroom seminars, as lectures and briefings at international and non-governmental organizations; educational events, conferences, tours, and meetings with foreign officials are further incorporated into the curriculum.
The MA program follows the conventional university structure of a one-year course divided into two different semesters and a Professional Development Training Program, designed individually for each student. Benefits: • The degree focuses on several academic disciplines related to Global Governance and Global Politics, with a particular emphasis on Cultural Diplomacy and its historical and contemporary application in the public sector, private sector and civil society. The degree prepares students for careers in diverse fields, such as the field of international relations, the humanities, politics, and culture, with a special focus on cultural diplomacy institutions and the application of Cultural Diplomacy in the framework of foreign policy and international economics. • The program provides a thorough background in Global Governance and Cultural Diplomacy, using a historical and case study approach. The program addresses contemporary international issues, with classroom seminars supplemented by lectures and briefings at international and non-governmental organizations; educational events, conferences, tours, and meetings with foreign officials are further incorporated into the curriculum. Students will meet with leading experts working in international organizations, embassies, and academic institutions, and will engage with specialists in the areas of International Relations, Politics, Human Rights, Culture, Peace Building, Multilateral Diplomacy, Conflict Resolution, Development, and Economics. • The program provides students with practical experience for both academic and professional development. It allows students to create a solid professional network and form a concrete base for future academic and professional career choices. On a practical level, the program prepares students for engagement in the international arena, civil society, politics, governmental organizations and international economic organizations. • The international environment of the Center for Cultural Diplomacy Studies offers students a unique opportunity to interact with leading experts and academics at a wide variety of international organizations and research centers. This exceptional learning environment leads to original research and independent study opportunities. • The unique structure of the program provides the students with the advantage of learning in 2 different major European cities and thus the opportunity to gain academic, professional and personal experience from living in different cultures. Furthermore, the program’s structure provides a unique opportunity to benefit from the study environment in both an international nongovernmental organization and a traditional public University.
The Degree is awarded by the University of Siena, which is recognized as a fully accredited institution of higher education with the right to award university degrees. The University of Siena is part of the Bologna Process set in place by the European Commission, and uses the European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS) to award degrees. Credits obtained through the MA program are equivalent to those of courses at universities in all other 30+ signatory countries. Upon Completion of the Program students will earn 60 credits.
- Setting Description:
- The program is composed of 2 Semesters (1 Academic Years). Date of commencement: Fall, Spring, Summer each year. Next start dates Fall Semester 2015: October 1st, 2015; Winter Semester 2016: February 8th, 2016; Fall Semester 2016: October 3rd, 2016. Application deadline Fall Semester: August 31st, 2015 Winter Semester 2016: September 1st, 2015 Fall Semester 2016: June 30th, 2016 *** The first semester of the program is hosted by the Institute for Cultural Diplomacy in Berlin. Students are offered an array of elective courses to accompany mandatory courses. The main priority of the curriculum for the first semester is to provide students with a solid foundation and understanding of the history and contemporary practice of Cultural Diplomacy, as well as future applications of the field. Mandatory Courses: • The History and Evolution of the Field of Cultural Diplomacy • International Case Studies of Cultural Diplomacy • Future Trends in International Relations and Cultural Diplomacy
- The tuition fee stands on 9000 Euros for the full program for all students.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program