Participants will assume the role of a DIRECTOR OF A DISTRESSED ORPHANAGE-CUM-SCHOOL and will work as part of an extremely diverse team. Additionally, the participants will be provided extensive mentoring support from turnaround experts and, most importan
- Delhi, India; Dharmsala, India
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- High School
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, MayMester Intersession, Rolling Starts, Spring Break, Spring Semester, Summer, Winter Semester, Year Round
- Program Description:
- IFT, India’s first travel for transformation initiative, invites applications for an INTERNSHIP-VOLUNTEERING-LEADERSHIP OPPORTUNITY that allows participants to contribute to a holistic transformation of a distressed orphanage-cum-school not as a mere volunteer, but as a CHANGE DIRECTOR. This is an opportunity to go beyond the typical volunteering options that are often limited to teaching, assisting chores in an orphanage or a nursing facility and undergo an unimaginably inspiring assignment of changing a few dozen lives in real.
Participants will assume the role of a DIRECTOR OF A DISTRESSED ORPHANAGE-CUM-SCHOOL and will work as part of an extremely diverse team. Additionally, the participants will be provided extensive mentoring support from turnaround experts and, most importantly, the decision making authority to ideate and implement ways to LEAVE A LASTING IMPACT on the future of the school and its students. The program is INVITE ONLY and interested participants will have to undergo a video discussion as part of the screening process.
The School Turnaround Project is one of its kind opportunity to experience what it takes to spearhead real change that too in a global context. The program provides an opportunity to participants to immerse themselves in an INTENSE JOURNEY OF TRANSFORMATION – both for the volunteer and the audiences served.
- Setting Description:
- The location for the Summer Cohort will be based out of Himachal Pradesh, a state in Northern India famous for its picturesque Himalayan landscapes, ancient Buddhist monasteries and the HOME-AWAY-FROM-HOME OF THE DALAI LAMA. For other cohorts, the location will be Delhi, India's national capital that bridges two different sides of India: the old India represented by the ruins of Mughal Forts, medieval bazaars and labyrinthine markets and the new cosmopolitan India that is now a MELTING POT OF WESTERN AND INDIAN CULTURE.
- Our primary objective is to allow individuals to undergo a journey of transformation, and alongside, help change lives. That is why, the program fee has been divided into two parts – a fixed registration fee of $500 regardless of the tenure of the program and an optional fee in case the candidate chooses for IFT’s support in the area of accommodation and food. Accordingly, there are no bindings on the participants to choose for IFT’s ancillary services and a registration fee would be sufficient
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program