- Vienna, Austria
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
IES Abroad is a mission-driven, not-for-profit organization that strives to deliver the highest quality education while simultaneously promoting the development of interculturally-competent leaders. Founded in 1950, IES Abroad now offers more than 90 programs in over 30 locations around the world.
Study on the IES Abroad Vienna European Society & Culture Program and make Vienna your classroom! Study the culture, history, and politics of a region that continues to play a major role on the world stage. Through an extensive curricula and hands-on approach, this program introduces you to the many wonderful historic, artistic, and cultural opportunities the city offers. Courses cover a range of topics, from Business and International Relations to Art and Music to Psychology and Education, and are taught by faculty from top European Institutions. Students also enroll in a German language course at the appropriate level, and students proficient in German have the option to enroll in courses at the prestigious Universitat Wien.
The program offers 15-19 credits hours, on-site student services staff, orientation, housing placement, internships, comprehensive predeparture support, and extraordinary field trips to destinations such Krakow, Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Dresden, Weimar, Wachau, and the Austrian Alps. Visit the IES Abroad website to learn more or contact us today!
Interested in seeing our Center through a Virtual Tour? Check out https://www.iesabroad.org/study-abroad/virtual-tours to learn more!
- Setting Description:
- Located in the heart of Europe, Vienna is a city of almost 2 million inhabitants that since its founding in the 3rd century, has served as a bridge between a myriad of cultures. Situated on the Danube River not far from the Alps, Vienna is the capital of Austria and an EU member state that enjoys advantages as a crossroads between East and West, North and South. It hosts a wide variety of international organizations and, with its historical roll in music and the arts, offers cultural opportunities that are second to none. Its concert and opera performances, art galleries, museums, and parks are just some of the reasons why Vienna was recently rated the city with the highest quality of life in the world!
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- IES Abroad offers over $4 million dollars in need- and merit-based scholarships and grants that can be used toward an IES Abroad study abroad program. Apply online using our universal Aid Application, and we’ll pair you with the scholarships and grants.
Based on 1 Reviews
- Best Choice EVER!!!03/26/14
As a student living in Wien (Vienna, Austria) you have everything you could possibly want right at your fingertips. IES makes it easy and exciting for you to explore and connect with those interst on your level! You are studying in the center of a large
city full of culture and history. There is so much to do or see you won't have enough time to do and see them all - it's amaying! The living situations are very nice and fully fernished, and most of them are close to the city. Because Wien is such a large place, they have a very advanced public transportation system that makes traveling around easy and afordable. The IES program offers a wide varriety of classes, and, if you are interested, you can take classes taught in German. You also have the oportunity to study at the Universty of Wien, but all of the classes there are taught in German. The faculty and staff of the IES group are all extreemly freindly and willing to help you with any needs you may have. They make studing abroad a blast and a blessing!read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend