- Vienna, Austria
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Offering both English- and German-taught courses, the IES Abroad Vienna European Society & Culture program allows you to study the culture, history, business, and politics of a region that continues to play a major role on the world stage. Open to students at all language levels, our program brings more than 60 years of experience to a variety of unique courses taught by faculty from top European institutions.
We offer unique courses that explore Austrian History, Culture, Art, and many other topics through an in-depth and hands-on approach. Our world-class professors, as well as course options at the prestigious Universität Wien, enhance your academic experience and provide you with new perspectives both in and out of class. You take 15–19 credit hours per semester, and all courses are worth 3 credits unless otherwise specified. Language courses are taught in German, and all other courses are taught in English, unless otherwise noted. Academic programming is scheduled five days a week.
Founded in 1950, IES Abroad is a global, not-for-profit study abroad organization with 115+ academic programs in Africa, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Latin America. To learn more about what we offer visit our website.
Interested in seeing our Center through a Virtual Tour? Check out https://www.iesabroad.org/study-abroad/virtual-tours to learn more!
- Setting Description:
- We’d like to let you in on a little secret: Vienna is extraordinary. Quickly—gather your things and study there before more students realize what a hidden gem it is. Consistently rated one of the top cities in the world to live in, come see for yourself why the music, culture, and history of this world-class city elicit nothing but adoration from those who go there.
- We offer more than $2.2 million in scholarships & financial aid. Contact IES Abroad or see our website for cost, scholarships, and financial aid.
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- IES Abroad offers over $4 million dollars in need- and merit-based scholarships and grants that can be used toward an IES Abroad study abroad program. Apply online using our universal Aid Application, and we’ll pair you with the scholarships and grants.
Based on 1 Reviews
- Got My Moneys Worth04/11/14
This study abroad program had everything you could think of to make a great study abroad experience. The staff makes adjusting to a new city easy and fun, starting from the orientation weekend and settling into our housing. The housing is great, a lot
of the apartments are near the city center and close to other student apartments. Throughout the year IES hosts several different trips for students, and throughout both semesters I went on each of them. The three city trips were inexpensive and a great money saver, and I got to see a lot of different areas of Austria I would not of seen otherwise, and they were a lot of fun. The ski snowboard trip was my favorite because of the deal we got on the rentals, and the fact that we went with so many other students, there was always someone to ski with whether you were just learning or experienced. The best part of the program was the range of academics they offered, since you could take classes at both the IES center and the University of Vienna. The teachers at IES are great because they really try to get you out of the classroom and explore the city, and really engage the students. For example in my art history classes we spent most of the time in different museums, and even got free museum passes from them. Overall Vienna is an amazing city to live in, since there is always something to do, places to explore, and events the city is planning. IES is very good about informing students of the different events being thrown around the city. One can even get internships through IES. If someone wanted to live in Europe, I could not think of a better city, centrally located in Europe, and a better staff to help you get the most out of your time.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend