- Sydney, Australia
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Our study abroad program in Sydney offers you the opportunity to directly enroll in the prestigious University of Sydney with access to a vast array of course offerings across hundreds of disciplines.
The University of Sydney has long been internationally recognized for its academic excellence. You have access to the University’s top-ranked teaching staff and world-class facilities, including a 5.2 million-volume library. With about 12,000 international students, the University’s academic environment is characterized by diverse interests and viewpoints. The University issues Units of Credit (UOC) for courses completed. You must carry a minimum of 24 UOC per semester, which is equivalent to 16 IES Abroad credits. Most courses are worth 6 UOC or 4 IES Abroad credits, and you cannot take more than 30 UOC (20 IES Abroad credits).
Founded in 1950, IES Abroad is a global, not-for-profit study abroad organization with 115+ academic programs in Africa, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Latin America. To learn more about what we offer visit our website.
- Setting Description:
- It’ll be hard to sit still while you study abroad in Sydney. You’ll be sure to visit the city’s iconic attractions, like the Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Sydney Opera House, but you’ll also start to live like an Aussie. Maybe you’ll be involved in the vibrant music and arts scene, and make friends with the diverse Sydneysiders—and don’t forget to cheer on your favorite Aussie sports team! There’s so much to see and do, bring your camera along so you don’t miss a thing!
- We offer more than $2.2 million in scholarships & financial aid. Contact IES Abroad or see our website for cost, scholarships, and financial aid.
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- IES Abroad offers $5 million dollars in need- and merit-based scholarships and grants that can be used toward an IES Abroad study abroad program. Apply online using our universal Aid Application, and we’ll pair you with the scholarships and grants.
Based on 1 Reviews
- Sydney, AU...Bring Me Back08/12/19
The whole idea of studying abroad was one that I had held for a long time, yet I never thought that I would walk away as the individual that I am after spending a semester in Sydney, AU. The sheer joy of being surrounded by new friends constantly built
bonds that will last me a lifetime. Additionally, the bliss of having the accessibility to one of the most coffee, food, and drink centric cities in the world elevated my taste for authentic experiences within the cultural melting pot that is Sydney. I am truly grateful for the spirit of adventure that led me to embrace the call of Aussie living because it gave me my greatest semester of college, alongside branching me out of a place of comfort that I never knew existed. Studying abroad is much more than simply living in another part of the world for a short time, but it is about embracing the newness that surrounds you and allowing yourself to embark on a journey that is bound for greatness. Praises upon praises for this program and for the Land Down Under!read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend