- Sydney, Australia
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Our study abroad program in Sydney offers you the opportunity to directly enroll in the prestigious Macquarie University with access to a vast array of course offerings across hundreds of disciplines.
Macquarie offers a wide variety of programs with special strengths in Business and Commerce, the Sciences, and Social Psychology. Most IES Abroad students take Level Two courses, which may require certain prerequisites. Classes at Macquarie are called “units” and each unit is worth a designated number of credit points. Most Macquarie courses are worth 3 credit points and are equivalent to 4 IES Abroad credits. You carry at least 16 IES Abroad credits, which is equal to 12 credit points.
Founded in 1950, IES Abroad is a global, not-for-profit study abroad organization with 115+ academic programs in Africa, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Latin America. To learn more about what we offer visit our website.
- Setting Description:
- It’ll be hard to sit still while you study abroad in Sydney. You’ll be sure to visit the city’s iconic attractions, like the Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Sydney Opera House, but you’ll also start to live like an Aussie. Maybe you’ll be involved in the vibrant music and arts scene, and make friends with the diverse Sydneysiders—and don’t forget to cheer on your favorite Aussie sports team! There’s so much to see and do, bring your camera along so you don’t miss a thing!
- We offer more than $2.2 million in scholarships & financial aid. Contact IES Abroad or see our website for cost, scholarships, and financial aid.
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- IES Abroad offers $5 million dollars in need- and merit-based scholarships and grants that can be used toward an IES Abroad study abroad program. Apply online using our universal Aid Application, and we’ll pair you with the scholarships and grants.