- Shanghai, China
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
- Through our partnership with Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU), we offer unique courses that explore international affairs, business, and Chinese studies through an in-depth and hands-on approach. Our world-class professors and course options enhance your academic experience and provide you with new perspectives each day in class. You take 15-18 semester credit hours per semester. Founded in 1950, IES Abroad is a global, not-for-profit study abroad organization with 115+ academic programs in Africa, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Latin America. To learn more about what we offer visit our website.
- Setting Description:
- A thoroughly modern city risen from a fishing village less than 100 years ago, Shanghai has been heavily influenced by Western business, culture, and architecture. If you're searching for a rapidly changing, dynamic city to in which to study, Shanghai is your destination. Learn the impact of such rapid modernization on local customs and the environment. Practice your Chinese with some of the over 26 million citizens calling this—the largest and most developed city in China—home.
- We offer more than $2.2 million in scholarships & financial aid. Contact IES Abroad or see our website for cost, scholarships, and financial aid.
Based on 1 Reviews
- Being the only Blonde03/26/14
Shanghai is a fascinating city where modern meets old. Her you get to experience China while still having access to many of the things you would at home. There is a lot to explore in and around the City plus travel is pretty easy in general. The IES program
facilitated some amazing trips and most learning happened outside the classroom. My semester abroad was definitely a rewarding experience as I came away with new friendships and great stories!read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend