- Quito, Ecuador
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
If you’re interested in improving your Spanish language skills, this program offers you the opportunity to rapidly improve your Spanish through a rigorous language course taught by IES Abroad. You select the remainder of your courses from options available at IES Abroad and prestigious local universities.
We offer unique courses that explore Spanish Language, Ecuadorian History and Culture, and other topics through an in-depth and hands-on approach. Our world-class professors and course options at prestigious local universities enhance your academic experience and provide you with new perspectives each day in class. You take 15–19 credit hours per semester, and all courses are worth 3 credits unless otherwise specified. All courses at IES Abroad and partner universities are taught in Spanish and are offered both fall and spring semesters unless otherwise noted.
Founded in 1950, IES Abroad is a global, not-for-profit study abroad organization with 115+ academic programs in Africa, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Latin America. To learn more about what we offer visit our website.
- Setting Description:
- Sit back, relax, and dream about the adventures that await you in Ecuador. First, imagine exploring Quito’s vibrant neighborhoods and admiring the beautiful colonial Spanish architecture that makes the city a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Next, picture yourself studying the ecological diversity of the Galápagos Islands, standing on the equator in Mitad del Mundo, and hiking the mountain rainforest in Loja Province. Pack your bags now—South America awaits you.
- We offer more than $2.2 million in scholarships & financial aid. Contact IES Abroad or see our website for cost, scholarships, and financial aid.
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- IES Abroad offers $5 million dollars in need- and merit-based scholarships and grants that can be used toward an IES Abroad study abroad program. Apply online using our universal Aid Application, and we’ll pair you with the scholarships and grants.
Based on 1 Reviews
- Absolutely loved it and will return!08/23/19
Studying abroad in Quito, Ecuador, was the scariest, bravest and most adventurous experience of my life to date. Living with a host family was challenging, yet rewarding as well because I became really close with them and have been invited to come back
and stay with them whenever I want (and bring a friend!). Classes were a mixture of easier than my home institution and as difficult, especially given that I took them all in a foreign language. I won't say that my semester abroad was all easy, but I will say I absolutely loved it! I found a second home, an adventurous life I thrived on and the confidence I had been seeking with regards to my Spanish-speaking skills and my leadership. Ecuador is home to lots of natural beauty, an eclectic cultural scene (in Quito and beyond) and a lot of historical importance as a UNESCO world heritage site for all you history buffs. My days often consisted of IES classes, my service-learning experience working with kids in an after-school program and horseback riding with my host brother and the other equestrian students. My self-confidence has soared, and I will be returning to Ecuador as soon as I can!read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend