- Oxford, United Kingdom
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester
- Program Description:
Our program offers you the opportunity to directly enroll in St. Catherine’s College, one of the 38 self-governing colleges that together make up the University of Oxford. In 2013, the University of Oxford ranked as the 4th best university in the world, according to Times Higher Education.
Enjoy studying at one of the oldest universities in the world—teaching existed here in some form as early as 1096. Today, Oxford has a total student population of more than 21,000, with more than 140 nationalities represented in its student body, and is a renowned seat of learning and tradition. The student body at the University of Oxford is diverse, as well as its professors—about 40% of the University’s academic staff are citizens of countries other than the United Kingdom. You have the opportunity to attend St. Catherine’s College for the fall semester, spring/summer term, or the full academic year. Like all Oxford colleges, St. Catherine’s utilizes the tutorial education system. This allows you to select a highly personalized course of study, based on previous coursework at your home institution and your academic interests. You meet with a tutor on a regular basis, either alone or with another student, to discuss the written work produced for each meeting. These tutorials are supplemented by lectures.
Founded in 1950, IES Abroad is a global, not-for-profit study abroad organization with 115+ academic programs in Africa, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Latin America. To learn more about what we offer visit our website.
- Setting Description:
- Located just 60 miles from the hustle and bustle of London, Oxford is home to the world-renowned University of Oxford, one of the oldest and most prestigious universities of the English-speaking world. Not only is there much to see and do on the University of Oxford campus, you’ll enjoy the nature walks of this very green city, stroll through town observing the diverse English architecture, and sightseeing such historic gems as Carfax Tower, the University Church of St. Mary the Virgin, and Bodleian Library.
- We offer more than $2.2 million in scholarships & financial aid. Contact IES Abroad or see our website for cost, scholarships, and financial aid.
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- IES Abroad offers $5 million dollars in need- and merit-based scholarships and grants that can be used toward an IES Abroad study abroad program. Apply online using our universal Aid Application, and we’ll pair you with the scholarships and grants.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program