During your coursework, you will analyze the complex relationships between artistic development, politics, economics and ideology in detail by considering how museums, monument, and archeological sites developed in different periods of modern European hi
- Paris, France; Rome, Italy; Madrid, Spain
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
- Why study abroad in one great European city during the summer when you can explore the cultural heritage of Paris, Rome, and Madrid? This seven-week program offers a unique opportunity to examine how art and architecture have affected urban development, life, and culture in three fascinating European capitals.
Start your program in Paris, where you'll begin to appreciate how these cities have developed around the central idea of cultural heritage and patrimony. It's here you'll start your two cross-center courses that will then take you to Rome and Madrid for two weeks in each city.
During your coursework, you will analyze the complex relationships between artistic development, politics, economics and ideology in detail by considering how museums, monument, and archeological sites developed in different periods of modern European history. You'll also examine how Paris, Madrid, and Rome continue to face the complex challenges of managing and preserving their cultural heritage in the context of a modern and global economy. You'll enroll in two required courses for a total of 6 credits (3 credits per course): The City as a Living Museum, Management of Cultural Affairs.
Founded in 1950, IES Abroad is a global, not-for-profit study abroad organization with 115+ academic programs in Africa, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Latin America. To learn more about what we offer visit our website.
- Setting Description:
- If your goal is to study art and culture in Europe, you’ll want to explore the great capital cities of Paris, Madrid, and Rome. With our Multi-Location – Museums & Beyond: Art & Culture in Paris, Madrid & Rome Summer Program, you have the unique opportunity to examine how art and architecture have affected urban development, life, and culture in all three cities.
- We offer more than $2.2 million in scholarships & financial aid. Contact IES Abroad or see our website for cost, scholarships, and financial aid.
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- IES Abroad offers $5 million dollars in need- and merit-based scholarships and grants that can be used toward an IES Abroad study abroad program. Apply online using our universal Aid Application, and we’ll pair you with the scholarships and grants.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program