- Milan, Italy
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Work Types:
- Program Description:
- Our program guarantees an internship placement to help you develop professional skills that will jump-start your résumé and make you more attractive to employers in today’s competitive job market. IES Internships' unpaid, academic internships place Milan students at local companies, while also showing students the sights and sounds of Itlay.
An IES internship develops your professional skills, your ability to communicate across cultures, and provides substantive work experience to jump-start your career in today’s competitive job market. The optional language class increases your Italian language proficiency and fluency. You'll be guaranteed an unpaid placement at a local business or organization, where you'll work for at least 25 hours a week. We will work with you to find the closest placement match between your professional and personal goals with what's available in Milan. You also will enroll in a required 1- or 6-credit academic internship seminar with other IES Interns, where you’ll learn about a variety of local business settings and opportunities.
Founded in 1950, IES Abroad is a global, not-for-profit study abroad organization with 115+ academic programs in Africa, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Latin America. To learn more about what we offer visit our website.
- Setting Description:
- Think of your study abroad experience as a song—what will be the inspiration? See “The Last Supper,” one of the most influential works of the Renaissance. Witness some of the world’s finest performers at Teatro alla Scala, the world-renowned opera house. Observe fashion executives to see how successful businesses are run. No matter what you choose, your Milanese experience with IES Abroad will come together to make the perfect symphony.
- Contact IES Abroad or see our website for cost.
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- IES Abroad offers $5 million dollars in need- and merit-based scholarships and grants that can be used toward an IES Abroad study abroad program. Apply online using our universal Aid Application, and we’ll pair you with the scholarships and grants.
Based on 1 Reviews
- The Greatest Experience!09/28/19
As a graduate student, I had grown comfortable with the routine of things, from classes to rotations, and weekly exam reviews along with work obligations. But one day I woke up and realized that after I graduate, I wouldn’t have time to learn what life
is like in another part of the world like I could as a student. While my university does offer a plethora of classes that can educate people about different cultures, I knew that there was a clear difference in learning about it and learning within it. I spent weeks looking for internships that could apply to. When I discovered IES Abroad, my entire life changed. From the beginning of the application to when I arrived back in my home state after my 8 weeks living in Milan, Italy, the staff was there 100%. They helped me get my documents together for school and were very organized in helping all of the study abroad students get acquainted with the schedule and their expectations of us once we arrived. Also, they offer SCHOLARSHIPS!! In addition to a class focused on cultural differences, society, and economics, they offered a free Italian language class, which was SO helpful when it came to my internship site and when I travelled to other places over the weekends (which they let us do!). I wanted to explore the Psychology field as it isn’t really discussed in my program, and they partnered me with a psychologist who had just created his own psychology company. It was so educational and enlightening, and my former boss and I still talk to this day! They have an incredibly vast array of programs and subjects that students can choose from, and they even give you the choice of interviewing with your potential boss while studying abroad before you even arrive in your study abroad country! I really liked that they were committed to helping me find a good fit from the very beginning. In terms of location, I was in the HEART of Milan, in a gorgeous apartment, with three other American students and one community assistant (a native Italian college student). It was so safe and secure, which was something that made everyone so much more open to exploring their surroundings and really immersing themselves in the culture. They also provided everyone with a student health insurance plan that was included in our tuition fees. In terms of pricing, IES is one of the most affordable internships I have seen, and it definitely had the most coverage in terms of securing a placement geared to the student’s needs, safe and convenient housing, optional trips within the IES program (which were also SO much fun), health insurance, and weekend travel opportunities. I will forever be grateful for IES Abroad and the amazing staff that helped me learn so much about the world and so much about myself this past summer. A piece of my heart will always be in Italy. If you're back-and-forth on choosing to study abroad, trust me, your only regret will be NOT taking this chance. Do it!read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend