Our mission is simple: to provide you with the best study abroad program possible—which includes the highest quality academic and cultural experiences.You enroll in one Spanish language course and one area studies course for a total of 6 credits. Highly
- Madrid, Spain
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
- During a typical Madrid summer, throngs of madrileños flock to the streets of the city where they sip coffee on terrazas, sample tapas at the city’s bars, or simply stroll and watch the parade of fashionable Spaniards. Every Sunday in the summer, the Plaza de las Ventas, Spain’s largest stadium for corridas de toros (bull fights), features the country’s leading toreros (bull fighters).The seat of Spain’s government, Madrid is also a cultural center and home to many famous museums, including the Prado and the Reina Sofia, where Picasso's Guernica resides.
Over the course of the summer, you will come to know the city's vibrant plazas and winding streets for yourself. IES Abroad’s Madrid Summer Program offers enrollment in IES Abroad courses, housing in student apartments as well as in homestays with local families, extracurricular activities, and field trips.
Our mission is simple: to provide you with the best study abroad program possible—which includes the highest quality academic and cultural experiences.You enroll in one Spanish language course and one area studies course for a total of 6 credits. Highly advanced students, as determined by the language assessment taken on-site in Madrid, may enroll in a second area study course instead of the required Spanish language course.
Founded in 1950, IES Abroad is a global, not-for-profit study abroad organization with 115+ academic programs in Africa, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Latin America. To learn more about what we offer visit our website.
- Setting Description:
- We dare you to get bored in Madrid—you can wander around the Plaza Mayor, visit the city’s many churches and cathedrals, enjoy the sunshine in one of Madrid’s many parks, see a Flamenco show, watch a Real Madrid soccer game, taste the city’s unique cuisine—should we go on? Not only is Madrid the capital city of Spain, it’s also the heart of the country. Located in the center of Spain, Madrid is a great starting point to explore this gorgeously diverse country. Have you packed your bags yet?
- We offer more than $2.2 million in scholarships & financial aid. Contact IES Abroad or see our website for cost, scholarships, and financial aid.
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- IES Abroad offers $5 million dollars in need- and merit-based scholarships and grants that can be used toward an IES Abroad study abroad program. Apply online using our universal Aid Application, and we’ll pair you with the scholarships and grants.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program