- Madrid, Spain
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
As the leading center of industry, commerce, and technology research in Spain, Madrid is an ideal city to study engineering, math, and science and their applications in the professional world.
This IES Abroad program is designed for engineering, math, and science students who want to take courses taught in English or Spanish at a prestigious and academically-challenging university — Universidad Carlos III de Madrid.
Specialize your studies with a range of engineering courses, from aerospace to mechanical. Science courses provide you with the chance to study pharmaceutical science as well as food sciences, with courses in biology and chemistry, too. Mix disciplines or focus on a single field for more concentrated studies.
Madrid will also be your classroom. Take an architectural walking tour to see Madrid’s many beautiful buildings, churches, and structures. Enjoy trips to research centers. Visit the city’s famous museums like the Prado and Sorolla to inspire your coursework.
We want you to feel at home in Madrid, so IES Abroad will do everything we can to help you integrate into life in the city. From an informational orientation to cultural activities, our job is to make sure you have the most authentic study abroad experience possible. Enjoy one of our many field trip opportunities to explore your Spanish surroundings, too.
- Setting Description:
- We dare you to get bored in Madrid—you can wander around the Plaza Mayor, visit the city’s many churches and cathedrals, enjoy the sunshine in one of Madrid’s many parks, see a Flamenco show, watch a Real Madrid soccer game, taste the city’s unique cuisine—should we go on? Not only is Madrid the capital city of Spain, it’s also the heart of the country. Located in the center of Spain, Madrid is a great starting point to explore this gorgeously diverse country. Have you packed your bags yet?
- From start to finish, we work hard to offer superior study and intern abroad experiences at the best value for you. The exact program cost is detailed at the program level and can be found on individual program pages on our website. Our program fees cover tuition, housing, and health insurance, in addition to access to an incomparable amount of predeparture support and resources, and direct on-site guidance and assistance from our IES Abroad staff while you're abroad.
Additional Program Information
- IES Abroad Semester Programs require that students are 18 years of age; in good standing at your home school with a GPA of 2.75 (on a 4.0 scale) or better. Applicants under a GPA of 2.75 will be considered on a case-by-case basis. These are general requirements for most of our semester-length programs, additional requirements may be applicable depending on your program, see the IES Abroad website for more details.
- Scholarships Description:
- As far as we're concerned, financial limitations shouldn't prevent you from studying abroad with us. That's why IES Abroad offers more than $5 million in scholarships and aid. See all deadlines & funding options on our website for more details.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program