- London, United Kingdom
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
- This is your chance to live and learn alongside students from the UK and around the world by directly enrolling at City University. IES Abroad London is dedicated to enhancing your study abroad experience with superior student services and opportunities to fully experience life in London. Our staff in London help you make the most of your experience abroad.
City University’s academic roots in industry and technology reflect its contemporary commitment to such disciplines as Business and Engineering. City enrolls approximately 24,000 students, and its large international student body (more than 50 percent) makes it reflective of London’s incredibly multicultural population. You are encouraged to enroll in one 300-level course, two 200-level courses and may only enroll in one 100-level course.
Founded in 1950, IES Abroad is a global, not-for-profit study abroad organization with 115+ academic programs in Africa, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Latin America. To learn more about what we offer visit our website.
- Setting Description:
- The Beatles said it best in their hit song “Blackbird”: “All your life, you were only waiting for this moment to arise.” Now’s your time—study abroad in the land of William Shakespeare, the Royal family, Sir Isaac Newton, and Harry Potter. Be inspired by everything around you, from the museums and art galleries to Buckingham Palace and Parliament. Even a simple walk around this culturally rich city or a ride on the Tube can inspire you in ways you’d never imagine. Check out this Center for yourself through our virtual tours.
- We offer more than $2.2 million in scholarships & financial aid. Contact IES Abroad or see our website for cost, scholarships, and financial aid.
Based on 2 Reviews
- London City04/24/14
London has almost everything you could ever ask for, and after living there for three months I truly believe there is no better place to call home. As a whole, the program is very good, with the only exception being the relatively unorganized scheduling
period during the orientation week. Once you're through that, you get to enjoy living less than 5 minutes walk from Kings Cross Station (which makes it easy to access the rest of the city) and taking classes at City University - most of which are easily manageable as long as you keep up with the lectures and reading. Most classes are at most a two hour lecture with a short group class, meaning you have a lot of free time to explore the city and take in the many sites and events the city has to offer every day. The staff at IES makes you feel like family, which is very helpful when you're likely to be the farthest from home you've ever been. The rooms you'll live in at Nido Kings Cross are small, but give you all really need for the time you'll be there. You share a room with one other participant, and have an in-suite bathroom. Storage under the bed and a closet are more than enough to hold the belongings you bring from home or buy there. You also have access to a shared kitchen, and the building as a whole is nice and in a good location.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- Love London!03/24/14The program advisors were very helpful with all of our questions. I loved roaming around London and being able to jet off to any other country I wanted on a whim! There were some great food places around the city and some not so great.Bottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend