- Granada, Spain
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Our curriculum takes full advantage of Andalusia and all southern Spain has to offer. The program offers two unique program options that are designed to improve your Spanish proficiency: the Intermediate Spanish Program and Advanced Spanish Program. Both options introduce you to Spain’s Moorish heritage and Jewish past, and its continuing links to North Africa through Islamic and Contemporary North African Studies. Advanced students can also experience Arabic language courses of all levels, at the Universidad de Granada.
We offer a variety of courses that help you explore and better understand the Spanish Language, History, and Culture, through an in-depth and hands-on approach. Our world-class professors and course options at the prestigious Universidad de Granada enhances your academic experience and provide you with new perspectives each day in class. You take 15–19 credit hours per semester, and all courses are worth 3 credits unless otherwise specified.
Founded in 1950, IES Abroad is a global, not-for-profit study abroad organization with 115+ academic programs in Africa, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Latin America. To learn more about what we offer visit our website.
- Setting Description:
- Prepare to be mesmerized by Granada’s grand Moorish architecture and Muslim influences. This energetic city is also known for its youthful population. Enjoy wandering aimlessly around the city’s narrow, winding streets in the warm weather and take in the sights and sounds of this great city.
- We offer more than $2.2 million in scholarships & financial aid. Contact IES Abroad or see our website for cost, scholarships, and financial aid.
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- IES Abroad offers $5 million dollars in need- and merit-based scholarships and grants that can be used toward an IES Abroad study abroad program. Apply online using our universal Aid Application, and we’ll pair you with the scholarships and grants.