- Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Open to students of all language levels, the Latin American Societies & Cultures Program allows you to improve your Spanish language skills while taking courses in the Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences, all of which feature an academic emphasis on Latin America.
We offer unique courses that explore Argentine Language, History, and Culture through an in-depth and hands-on approach. Our world-class professors and course options at prestigious local universities enhance your academic experience and provide you with new perspectives each day in class. While in Buenos Aires, you take 15–19 credit hours per semester, and all courses are worth 3 credits unless otherwise specified. Language courses are taught in Spanish. Advanced level Spanish students with four or more semesters of Spanish or the equivalent can take a maximum of two English-taught courses.
Founded in 1950, IES Abroad is a global, not-for-profit study abroad organization with 115+ academic programs in Africa, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Latin America. To learn more about what we offer visit our website.
- Setting Description:
- We have to be honest—you’re going to fall in love with Buenos Aires. You’ll swoon over the eclectic architecture, inspired by cities like Paris and Madrid. You may even learn to tango in the birthplace of this sensual dance. Don’t wait any longer—find out why this is a love affair to last a lifetime. Check out this center for yourself by taking a Virtual Tour.
- We offer more than $2.2 million in scholarships & financial aid. Contact IES Abroad or see our website for cost, scholarships, and financial aid.
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- IES Abroad offers $5 million dollars in need- and merit-based scholarships and grants that can be used toward an IES Abroad study abroad program. Apply online using our universal Aid Application, and we’ll pair you with the scholarships and grants.