- Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
- Open to students of all language levels, the Latin American Societies & Cultures Program allows you to improve your Spanish language skills while taking courses in the Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences, all of which feature an academic emphasis on Latin America.
We offer unique courses that explore Argentine Language, History, and Culture through an in-depth and hands-on approach. Our world-class professors and course options at prestigious local universities enhance your academic experience and provide you with new perspectives each day in class. While in Buenos Aires, you take 15–19 credit hours per semester, and all courses are worth 3 credits unless otherwise specified. Language courses are taught in Spanish. Advanced level Spanish students with four or more semesters of Spanish or the equivalent can take a maximum of two English-taught courses.
Founded in 1950, IES Abroad is a global, not-for-profit study abroad organization with 115+ academic programs in Africa, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Latin America. To learn more about what we offer visit our website.
- Setting Description:
- We have to be honest—you’re going to fall in love with Buenos Aires. You’ll swoon over the eclectic architecture, inspired by cities like Paris and Madrid. You may even learn to tango in the birthplace of this sensual dance. Don’t wait any longer—find out why this is a love affair to last a lifetime. Check out this center for yourself by taking a Virtual Tour.
- We offer more than $2.2 million in scholarships & financial aid. Contact IES Abroad or see our website for cost, scholarships, and financial aid.
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- IES Abroad offers over $4 million dollars in need- and merit-based scholarships and grants that can be used toward an IES Abroad study abroad program. Apply online using our universal Aid Application, and we’ll pair you with the scholarships and grants.
Based on 2 Reviews
- Amazing experience!06/30/13
I had an incredible experience in Buenos Aires. I got really close with the family that I lived with, who I loved, and also had so much space to adventure and explore the city. Buenos Aires is such an eclectic, fantastic, fun city and IES really helped
me have such a great experience there- through them, I met so many great people, enjoyed a lot of planned excursions, learned about the history and context in my classes, and improved my Spanish by a ton!read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- Best way to travel, best way to study06/30/13
Studying abroad in Buenos Aires with IES was one of the most enjoyable and lasting experiences I've had in college. Paradoxically, although the demand of the classes in terms of grade rewards are moderately low, I felt that my semester accounted for some
of the most important and accelerated learning processes I've had in college; helping me to drastically improve my spanish, my knowledge about Argentina, and widen my perspective on both my and my country's placement in world relations and history. My classes are each amazing, the staff at the program couldn't be more lovable and available, and I have fallen in love with life in Buenos Aires and other parts of South America. I'm just itching to get back. As a side note, it's still difficult for me to give recommendations regarding housing. I lived in the Entis residence hall and loved it, but I also feel as if I would have loved a home-stay. The only complaint I had is that my first roommate was an amazing Brazilian student who taught me most of my spanish, but my next two spoke english so my improvement slowed from there. But there are also plenty of other students there from other parts of Argentina or South America to speak to in spanish, so it's still available to speak Spanish in the hall. It's just luck-of-the-draw in terms of roommates.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend