- Barcelona, Spain
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
- The IES Abroad Barcelona Language & Area Studies Summer Program is designed for students who want to study abroad in Spain and experience contemporary Spanish culture from the Catalonian perspective in a challenging academic environment. Language courses develop your written and oral proficiency in Castilian Spanish and area studies courses provide an excellent opportunity to learn about modern Spain in the larger context of the European Union. Courses are available in both Spanish and English.
Our mission is simple: to provide you with the best study abroad program in Barcelona possible—which includes the highest quality academic and cultural experiences. Students enroll in Spanish language courses and/or area studies courses.
Founded in 1950, IES Abroad is a global, not-for-profit study abroad organization with 115+ academic programs in Africa, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Latin America. To learn more about what we offer visit our website.
- Setting Description:
- Come let Barcelona enchant you. Whether it is the salty sea air, the sweep of mountains in the distance, or the romance and excitement of Las Ramblas, where else can you marvel at Gaudi’s whimsical architectural genius while embracing the laid-back Spanish lifestyle?
- We offer more than $2.2 million in scholarships & financial aid. Contact IES Abroad or see our website for cost, scholarships, and financial aid.
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- IES Abroad offers over $4 million dollars in need- and merit-based scholarships and grants that can be used toward an IES Abroad study abroad program. Apply online using our universal Aid Application, and we’ll pair you with the scholarships and grants.
Based on 1 Reviews
- IES was the best decision of my life!!04/14/14
IES Abroad was somehow able to set up everything perfectly. They provide list of to do's before leaving, alleviating stress. They matched me with roommates who ended up being some of my best friends. The housing situation was incredible. IES staff were
welcoming, friendly, outgoing, and always there if I needed something.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend