- Auckland, New Zealand
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
You directly enroll in the University of Auckland, a prestigious research university that has courses in more than 150 disciplines. The University has a wealth of options in Maori Studies and has a Marae (Maori sacred ground) on campus, indicative of not only Auckland’s diversity, but also its strong ties to the indigenous Maori heritage.
You directly enroll in courses at the University of Auckland, where classes are offered on a point system. A course load of 60 points per semester is defined as full time. IES Abroad awards credit units based on the number of points assigned by the University of Auckland. A 15-point course carries 4 IES Abroad credits, a 20-point course carries 6 IES Abroad credits, and a 30 point course carries 8 IES Abroad credits. You may take a maximum of two 100-level courses each semester. You carry minimum of 14 and a maximum of 16 IES Abroad credit hours per semester.
Founded in 1950, IES Abroad is a global, not-for-profit study abroad organization with 115+ academic programs in Africa, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Latin America. To learn more about what we offer visit our website.
- Setting Description:
- You won’t be able to get enough of New Zealand’s active lifestyle while you explore the city’s one-of- a-kind landscape. Climb to Auckland’s highest point on the top of Mount Eden, watch the sailboats glide by in Waitemata Harbour and Hauraki Gulf, or visit One Tree Hill, one of the city’s largest and most culturally significant volcanoes. When you need to rest, simply sit back, put your feet up, and take in the breathtaking beauty of New Zealand.
- We offer more than $2.2 million in scholarships & financial aid. Contact IES Abroad or see our website for cost, scholarships, and financial aid.
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- IES Abroad offers $5 million dollars in need- and merit-based scholarships and grants that can be used toward an IES Abroad study abroad program. Apply online using our universal Aid Application, and we’ll pair you with the scholarships and grants.
Based on 2 Reviews
- A New Time Zone08/23/19
I chose New Zealand for my study abroad experience because it is known for its beautiful mountains and extensive nature. I craved a new view. New Zealand brought me this and so much more. I was fortunate enough to partake in study through IES Abroad whose
advisor was of Maori culture. The whole semester I became immersed in their ways of life; learning about their values and history. I learnt more about myself the first two days on Waiheke Island than I had in a lifetime. However cheesy it may sound, I made lifelong friends and pushed myself in ways I could only do there. I welcomed the feeling of learning a new campus with new classes and people. The University of Auckland offered all the courses I needed and challenged me just as much as I am at Miami. Being time zones away from my family was new to me, but I have never felt such a true happiness that I felt being in New Zealand.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- The most incredible journey of my life02/15/13
IES was extremely helpful with any aspect of study abroad you could imagine- from getting you help with being homesick to how to get a refund if you go to the doctor/hospital. Any question I had, IES was able to go above and beyond answering it-they give
you an answer and help you achieve your goal step by step. They check in regularly to make sure you are doing well and making the most of your experience. I have no complaints whatsoever! Everything went wonderfully well.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend