- Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
If you are eager to take an independent, fresh look at the world and at yourself, let Amsterdam redefine your perspective. This progressive city is defined by its cutting-edge contributions to the arts, business, politics, and social policy, and its importance in the history of Europe and the world. In the Law & Criminology Program, hosted at the VU University Amsterdam (VU), you enroll in a core course on law and three to four law or criminology-related courses at the VUA and live on the VUA campus.
Delve into law and criminology from a Dutch perspective by enrolling at the VU University Amsterdam (VU). The University’s world class professors and course options enhance your academic experience and provide you with new experiences in and outside the classroom. Designed for students who are interested in continuing on to law school after graduation, this program approaches Law from an interdisciplinary perspective to give students a broad understanding of comparative international law.
Founded in 1950, IES Abroad is a global, not-for-profit study abroad organization with 115+ academic programs in Africa, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Latin America. To learn more about what we offer visit our website.
- Setting Description:
- Known for its liberal views and open-minded attitude, the residents of Amsterdam welcome you to this cozy city. You’ll adore the lovely canals and old European charm that make up the enchanting city of Amsterdam. Because the city planning hasn’t changed much since the 19th century, you’ll appreciate the architecture and historic homes that color the city. And you can’t leave without seeing the windmills!
- We offer more than $2.2 million in scholarships & financial aid. Contact IES Abroad or see our website for cost, scholarships, and financial aid.
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- IES Abroad offers $5 million dollars in need- and merit-based scholarships and grants that can be used toward an IES Abroad study abroad program. Apply online using our universal Aid Application, and we’ll pair you with the scholarships and grants.
Based on 2 Reviews
- Highly Recommend: Study Abroad in Amsterdam!08/18/19
Spending a semester abroad in Amsterdam was a life-changing experience (as cliche as that sounds). Not only did I meet amazing people in the program, I got to live in the business district of the city and experience so many different things about Dutch
culture. The food especially- wow! There's nothing better than some frites mit mayo after a night out in Centraal. The living accommodations were great and I was able to survive off of my savings comfortably and travel quite a bit. Not to mention the school system in the Netherlands allowed me to have a lot of extra time and learning outside of the classroom. I visited world class museums and saw masterpieces. The program was very supportive and I really enjoyed my time abroad. They even organized a trip to Poland that was quite possibly my favorite trip when abroad. The history of World War II is so much more ingrained in the culture of Europe and I definitely felt like my eyes were opened very much during my experience abroad.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- IES Amsterdam Pre Law Program04/02/14
The program was great and Amsterdam is a marvelous city! I enjoyed my study abroad experience immensely. It was one of the greatest experiences of my life and I would recommend that everyone who has the opportunity to studies abroad. I made some of my
best friends that will hopefully be lifelong friends. I was able to meet people from all over the world and by traveling to other countries outside the Netherlands really immerse myself in different cultures.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend