Ghanaian students of all ages and backgrounds appreciate the opportunity to interact with fluent English speakers. Volunteers may teach English language, mathematics, geography, science, social studies or supervise homework and provide individualized atte
- Accra, Ghana
- Program Type:
- Volunteer Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Work Types:
- Education, Social Services
- 1-2 weeks, 1-3 months, 4-6 months
- Program Description:
- Teaching English and Mathematics in Ghana will inevitably increase employment opportunities, reduce illiteracy and ultimately assist its people to become economically independent. Teaching volunteers will work with teachers to improve participatory teaching methods, classroom management, assessments and gender equality in the classroom. Volunteers will also help develop primary education projects focusing specifically on early childhood development, literacy and basic health education.
Ghanaian students of all ages and backgrounds appreciate the opportunity to interact with fluent English speakers. Volunteers may teach English language, mathematics, geography, science, social studies or supervise homework and provide individualized attention to students falling behind in class. You don’t have to be a qualified or experienced teacher to join the project, and you are sure to receive a warm welcome from the local schools we work with who are eager to have our volunteers.
- Setting Description:
- The placement is in Kindergarten, lower grade and primary schools located in Accra the capital city of Ghana and in the Eastern Region of Ghana. Volunteers with personal experience in special education can also bring their skills and initiatives to bear as they help create lesson plan and activities for their special lessons. You would gain more experience and have fun while working in this field.
- 1 Week - $ 300.00 2 Weeks - $ 550.00 3 Weeks - $ 700.00 4 Weeks - $ 750.00 Additional Week - $ 250.00
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program