Volunteers can take up projects depending on the needs of the schools. Almost all schools we support have need for infrastructure development and/or renovations. Volunteers can do a combination of both teaching and renovation/building work at the project
- Arusha, Tanzania, United Republic of; Mukono, Uganda; Nairobi, Kenya
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Spring Semester, Summer, Year Round
- Program Description:
- Through Hope Development Volunteers Reach & Teach programs in rural villages across Africa, you can get involved with a complete range of teaching and development activities. Volunteers help in taking normal classes, assisting the teaching staff, conducting extracurricular activities like clay modeling, painting, drawing, singing, art & drama, dancing, group work, games or other similar activities. Your help and assistance will be greatly appreciated in these rural schools and will be a refreshing change to existing curriculum. These schools are carefully selected by volunteers as they deserve a long term planned development program. These schools are always located in rural communities and have limited resources, both infrastructure and staff.
Volunteers can take up projects depending on the needs of the schools. Almost all schools we support have need for infrastructure development and/or renovations. Volunteers can do a combination of both teaching and renovation/building work at the project they choose to work at. Please discuss this with while applying so that we can best use you at site that needs it most. If you’re a native English speaker or with some teaching experience, you can be a valuable resource in these village classrooms. With your English skills you could teach proper English pronunciation and usage. Even if you’ve never formally taught a classroom subject, you can assist the local teachers in their day to day work at the school. You don’t need to know the local language, or the methods of the local school system. All you need is enthusiasm and a desire to share your knowledge and make a difference.
There is so much to do here. The flexibility of HDV is that you can engage in several different projects within your stay, you are not limited to just one, no matter how long you are here. Another great feature of this NGO is that you can come at any time and stay for as long as you want. You do not have to undergo several months of training in order to do one job. Isaac, and the team here will show you each project, you can work on them and pick whichever one you feel you are best suited to for the rest of your stay.
- Setting Description:
- This is a project based in Uganda, Kenya and Tanzania and you can choose and participate one of the programs. Please let us know where you want to volunteer and we shall take you there.
- Why pay more to volunteer, contribute, participate and make a difference for just USD$350 a month and this covers your food and accommodation at the placement.