- Jerusalem, Israel
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Conflict & Peace Studies
- Program Description:
The Swiss Center for Conflict Research, Management and Resolution at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem has opened a prestigious one-year MA program taught in English.
The program allows students to explore the fields of conflict transformation, resolution, problem-solving and negotiations. Students are exposed to theories and practices of researching and management of domestic and external conflicts in general, and in Israel in particular. The methods, techniques and strategies that can help manage and resolve conflicts are studied from different disciplinary points of view, including political science, international relations, social psychology, international law, communication and media studies, sociology and Israel studies.
Studying this topic in Israel and at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem provides a unique opportunity for those interested in the field. In the first year that the program has been running, we have had students from different academic backgrounds who came from Brazil, Canada, China, Dominican Republic, Spain, South Africa and the USA.
- Setting Description:
- The Hebrew university is the leading university in Israel and regularly ranked in the top 100 universities in the world - along with Harvard, MIT, Cambridge and Oxford University. Our students enjoy a long list of renowned professors who are at forefront of academic research in the world. After graduation, Hebrew University alumni assume key positions in academia and the business sector, NGO's, public service and the worlds of culture and the humanities. The university is located in Mt. Scopus, Jerusalem.
- 10,000 USD. Tuition is $10,000. This includes extracurricular activities. Accommodations in the dorms and health insurance are at an additional cost.
Additional Program Information
- Financial Aid:
- FinancialAid Info:
- Undergraduate: https://overseas.huji.ac.il/?CategoryID=1027&SearchParam=scholarship Graduate: https://overseas.huji.ac.il/gradscholarships
- Minimum B.A. average required – 85 (Israeli students) or the equivalent (non-Israeli students). Applicants who did not previously study at an educational institution where the language of instruction was English must submit official TOEFL or IELTS scores. The minimum TOEFL score required is 600 on the paper-based test, 250 on the computer-based test or 89 on the internet –based test. The minimum IELTS score is 7.
- Scholarships Description:
- Scholarships and stipends are available to outstanding students.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program