- New York City, United States
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Area, Ethnic & Cultural Studies, Area, Ethnic & Cultural Studies
- Program Description:
The Mandel Institute of Jewish Studies, the world's most important academic center for Jewish learning and research, was founded in 1924 to preserve the accumulated wisdom of all Jewish languages and cultures; includes the departments of Bible, Talmud, Hebrew Language, Jewish Thought, Hebrew Literature, History of the Jewish People, Jewish and Comparative Folklore, Yiddish, and Jewish Languages.
- Setting Description:
- From the hilltop of the Mount Scopus campus, the incredible panorama of Jerusalem unfolds. Medieval maps show Jerusalem as the heart of the world. Astonishingly, it remains there: the seam line where West meets East, the First World faces the Third World, and where Judaism, Christianity, and Islam meet.
- Tuition: $17,000 | Housing: $7,600 USD.
Additional Program Information
- Financial Aid:
- FinancialAid Info:
- Undergraduate: https://overseas.huji.ac.il/?CategoryID=1027&SearchParam=scholarship Graduate: https://overseas.huji.ac.il/gradscholarships
- Qualified students with a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education are eligible for admission to the program. Admission is competitive and based on transcripts and letters of recommendation. Students must have: -at least a 3.2 ("B") grade-point average -a relevant background in Jewish studies -be prepared to enroll in at least level Gimel Hebrew at the beginning of their first semester of study. Students who have minimal or no knowledge of Hebrew (levels Aleph-Bet) will be required to attend the Summer Ulpan prior to their first and second year of the program. -Knowledge of English: Applicants are required to submit official TOEFL, IELTS, or Amir scores. The minimum TOEFL score required is 89 on the internet-based test. The minimum IELTS score is 7. The minimum Amir score is 220.
- Scholarships Description:
- Visit our website.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program