- Dover, United States
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Undergraduate Certificate
- Surgical Technology
- Program Description:
Do you want to work in the fast-paced environment of healthcare? A career in Surgical Technology, you will work alongside surgeons, anesthetists, nurses, and other surgery professionals inside the operating room.
You’ll be setting up instruments and equipment, preparing patients for surgery, and helping the surgical team throughout the process. According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment as a surgical technologist is growing much faster than average.
If you're considering surgical tech schools, the Harris School of Business Surgical Technology program prepares students for entry-level jobs in clinical settings such as surgical units, surgi-centers, and surgeons’ offices.
A Day in the Life for Surgical Technology
As a surgical technologist, your days may include the following activities:
• Prepare operating rooms for surgery
• Sterilize equipment and make sure that there are adequate supplies for surgery
• Prepare patients for surgery, such as by washing and disinfecting incision sites
• Help surgeons during surgery by passing them instruments and other sterile supplies
• Count supplies such as sponges and instruments to maintain a sterile environment
Additional Program Information
- The Philadelphia, PA, Sanford, ME, and Wilmington, DE campuses are accredited by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education & Training. The Dover, DE, Upper Darby, PA, and Voohees, NJ campuses are accredited by The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program