- Boquete, Panama
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Year Round
- Program Description:
- Habla Ya's Spanish Immersion Program takes place in the rural mountain town of Boquete, Panama, and is one of the best reviewed Spanish Immersion Programs in Central America.
Besides having daily intensive Spanish lessons you live with a local host family, which allows you to learn Spanish more rapidly and fully immerse yourself in the Latin American culture and way of life.
You’ll not only learn Spanish, you’ll have an amazing vacation with plenty of eco-adventure tours and volunteering.
- Daily Intensive Spanish Lessons (Group and/or Private Classes, 4 - 6 hours per day) - Small Groups (maximum four students per classroom) - Level System and Methodology designed according to the Common European Framework for Languages and the Instituto Cervantes: 6 levels, from A1 to C2 - Experienced and fully trained native Spanish teachers with language related university degrees - Highly practical courses: the main objective of each course is to get you speaking and understanding Spanish
- Speaking Spanish will enhance your professional opportunities and make traveling in Central and South America a much more exciting experience - A home stay in Panama will allow you to learn Spanish much faster - Boquete, Panama is not overcrowded by tourists in comparison with many other popular Spanish learning destinations and the province of Chiriqui is simply stunning - Habla Ya is by far Panama’s most and best reviewed Spanish School and one of the top rated Spanish schools in Latin America
- Setting Description:
- Boquete is Panama's Eco-Adventure Travel Capital: from rafting to hiking, and from zip-lining to rock climbing, there are plenty of outdoor activities to enjoy. Located in Panama's western mountains, near the border with Costa Rica, 1200 meters above sea level, Boquete enjoys a year round spring like temperature making it the ideal place to learn Spanish in a relaxed and stress free environment. Boquete’s people are so friendly that it’s a pleasure to practice with the locals.
Based on 1 Reviews
- FINALLY LEARNED HOW TO SPEAK SPANISH01/31/18
I’ve tried taking Spanish at college night school, using online tools and listening to educational CDs. Nothing truly worked before immersing and attending three weeks at Habla Ya, and particularly working with my professor, Leidys Pitti. Leidys is
not only extremely patient, but has the ability to recognize the level of each student’s ability and progress and meet them where they are. My first week of class was with three other students, and Leidys skillfully engaged each of us in asking questions, writing, and practicing new learning in fun ways in class. The second week, I was a solo with Leidys, and we had the opportunity to have real conversations every day. I’m amazed at how well we each understood each other and enjoyed the discussions and practice. The third week, there were two students. With Leidys teaching and a lot of practice, we had gained confidence in remembering not only many, many words, but in understanding how to put them into sentences and improve on grammar usage (verbs, adjectives, possessive, plural, etc.). I cannot recommend Habla Ya and Leidys enough. These three weeks have been game changing in building a solid platform for my ongoing use of the Spanish language. I’m thrilled to be going back to Los Angeles to practice with friends and look forward to returning to Habla Ya to continue building my skills to speak this beautiful language.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend