Critical Studies on Food (3 credits) Food Media, Communication and Trends (3 credits) Food, Nutrition and Culture in Italy (3 credits) Food Waste in Italy (3 credits) * Italian Language for Food and Business (Italian Lexicon for Food Studies) (3 credits)
- Rome, Italy
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Study abroad in Rome - Summer 2017!
DURATION: 5-WEEK Full Immersion Summer Program
WHEN: MAY 21, 2018 – JUNE 23, 2018
WHERE: ROME, ITALY
- Critical Studies on Food (3 credits)
- Food Media, Communication and Trends (3 credits)
- Food, Nutrition and Culture in Italy (3 credits)
- Food Waste in Italy (3 credits) *
- Italian Language for Food and Business (Italian Lexicon for Food Studies) (3 credits)
- Elementary Italian Language (3 credits)
- Intensive Elementary Italian Language (6 credits, minimum of 8 participants)
- Setting Description:
- Gustolab Institute is the first Academic Center for Food Studies in Italy and study abroad programs in this field. Our headquarters and classrooms are located in the historic center of Rome, steps away from Piazza Navona. Gustolab Institute acamdeic programs include: lectures on the cultural, social and economic aspects of food in Italy, hands-on workshops with chefs, TV directors, journalists, nutrition experts, guided visits to farms, vineyards, artisanal workshops, fishing boats, coffee shops, TV studios, Food Channel TV studio, Food Magazine headquarters, Web and Advertising agencies, and ...lots of fun! For a critical investigation on food, culture and media communication i Italy, it is not enough to read about it, you must live it.
- If you have any questions or to request an application, please write to us.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program