During the Program, students will be able to: Understand and appreciate a different place and culture Immerse in authentic Chinese and ethnic minority culture Learn Chinese language, Chinese history, have hands-on experiences in Chinese tea making,
- Guiyang, China
- Program Type:
- Volunteer Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Work Types:
- Social Services, Translation
- 1-3 months, 4-6 months, 1 year
- Program Description:
- Guizhou Forerunner College (GFC) is a non-profit college in China, founded to bestow practical, high quality education for under-served students in Guizhou Province. We provide three years of low-to-no-cost higher education for students in vocational fields.
Our mission is to educate and support poor, outstanding students in acquiring employment and overcoming poverty for themselves and their families. With the motto: “Integrity, Love, Nobility,” we strive to cultivate these characteristics in students while encouraging personal and economic growth.
During the Program, students will be able to: Understand and appreciate a different place and culture Immerse in authentic Chinese and ethnic minority culture Learn Chinese language, Chinese history, have hands-on experiences in Chinese tea making, in minority arts and crafts, and more.
We believe that education can lift their families out of poverty. Many GFC Chinese students come from poor, rural families. It is GFC's goal to provide scholarship to outstanding but underprivileged students so they can finish higher education, to acquire a practical skill, and to find a job. In addition, GFC general language students will take Chinese language classes catered to the HSK (Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi) exams; they will also learn Chinese history and culture in a bilingual environment. Understanding and appreciating a different place and culture takes time, and GFC offers an immersion in a Chinese setting. Furthermore, foreign students will have the opportunity to practice and enjoy unique ethnic culture, and experience China in a different way.
- Setting Description:
- Guizhou Forerunner College is located in the Hundred Birds’ Creek Scenic Area, an area surrounded by mountains and natural beauty. It is located near the town of Huishui, which is about an hour away from Guiyang, the biggest city in Guizhou province. Additionally, Guizhou is an amazing “natural park”. The natural beauty of the landscape is breathtaking. The famous Huangguoshu Falls, Dragon Palace of Anshun, Xiao Qikong and Qianhu Miao Fortress have all become popular tourist destinations.
- Summer Program: Study Period: 4 weeks from 7/5-8/5 or 7/20-8/20 Application Fee: 400 RMB (roughly 65 USD) Tuition: 3600RMB/term (roughly 600 USD) Housing: Regular Dorm: 800/month Int’l Student Dorm:1280/month Hotel Room: (double)2400/month (single)5200/month Semester Program: Study Period: 14 weeks in Spring or Fall Application Fee: 400 RMB (roughly 65 USD) Tuition: 9500RMB/term (roughly 1600 USD) Housing: Regular Dorm: 700/month Int’l Student Dorm: 1080/month Hotel Room: (double)
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program