- Oslo, Norway
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- High School
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Winter Semester
- Program Description:
With safe communities, and excellent education system and warm and welcoming host families, studying abroad in Norway is a unique opportunity to gain international, academic experience as a high school student. Choose between a trimester, semester or academic program length to fit your schedule.
Program cost includes:
- Roundtrip international airfare from designated gateway airport to destination
- Host family accommodations and three meals a day
- Medical/Accident insurance
- Support and counseling services from in-country staff
- 24-hour emergency support
- General Pre-departure Orientation (in-person or via Skype)
- Cultural Pre-departure Orientation (via Skype)
- Arrival Orientation with Norwegian Local Coordinator
- Personal assistance from a Greenheart Travel program manager
- Letter of Recommendation upon request and successful completion of the program
- A two day trip to Oslo for Fall participants for an additional fee
- Setting Description:
- The best way to learn about a new culture and language is to be fully immersed in it and what better way to do that than to stay with a local family. All Greenheart Travel high school abroad participants live with a screened, local host family and are provided with 2-3 meals per day. By being a part of your family’s daily life, you will learn to live and speak like a local!
- --Academic Trimester: $10,360 --Academic Semester: $11,860 --Academic Year: $14,290 --Check out our website for seasonal early bird application discounts up to $500 off your program fee!
Additional Program Information
- - Be between 15 and 18 years of age - Be from the United States or Canada - Possess a high school cumulative GPA of at least 2.75/4.0 - Be in great mental* and physical health - Have a genuine interest in becoming a part of your host family and community - Be willing to study and learn the Norwegian language *What does it mean to be in good mental health? Moving to a new culture and staying in unfamiliar surroundings without your normal support structure can be very stressful, even to the most well-adjusted student. Sending a student with pre-existing conditions on a long term exchange program could exacerbate whatever challenges the student was previously facing. In order to ensure the safety of our participants, we must be rigorous in our pre-screening of (High School Abroad/Teen summer Language Camp) candidates. Learn more in our FAQs section.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program