- Goeteborg, Sweden
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- High School
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Winter Semester
- Program Description:
Studying abroad on Greenheart Travel’s high school program in Sweden will give you a chance to live and study in one of the world’s most stunning and spectacular settings. As an exchange student, you will have the chance to live with a host family, attend a local high school and experience full cultural and language immersion during your trimester, semester or year abroad.
Program Fee includes:
- Roundtrip international airfare from designated gateway airport to destination
- Host family accommodations and 3 meals per day
- Medical/Accident insurance
- Support and counseling services from in-country staff
- 24-hour emergency support
- Pre-departure cultural orientation
- Personal assistance from a Greenheart Travel program manager
- Letter of Recommendation upon request and successful completion of the program
- Optional trip to Gothenburg for Fall and Academic Year participants
- Optional trip to Stockholm for Spring and Academic Year participants
Check out our student alumni blogs for a first-hand look into life as a high school student in Sweden!
- Setting Description:
- Most placements are in small towns and villages in the southern part of the country, near Stockholm. However, students may be placed anywhere in Sweden. It is important to be flexible about which town you’re placed in since we are unable to take your location preferences into account. Our priority is to identify a host family and community that is the best match for you.
- --Academic Trimester: $10,660 --Academic Semester: $12,580 --Academic Year: $14,010 --Check out our website for early bird application discounts up to $500 off your program!
Additional Program Information
- Students must: -- Be between 15 and 18 years of age -- Be from the United States or Canada -- Possess a high school cumulative GPA of at least 2.75/4.0 -- Be in great mental* and physical health -- Have a genuine interest in becoming a part of your host family and community -- Be willing to study and learn the Swedish language
Based on 1 Reviews
- Semester in Sweden06/26/18
This program allowed me to experience a whole new culture through the perspective of a local instead of a regular tourist. I was given so many new opportunities that helped me grow as a person in the six months that I was here. The program always had
coordinators that maintained contact with me when issues occurred and helped fix them as soon as possible.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend