- Wellington, New Zealand
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- High School
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Winter Semester
- Program Description:
Studying abroad with Greenheart Travel’s high school program in New Zealand will give you a chance to live and study in one of the world’s most geographically stunning and awe-inspiring countries. As an exchange student in New Zealand, you will experience what it’s like to attend high school as a “Kiwi” and receive a wealth of cultural immersion, allowing you to gain a new perspective during your academic adventure abroad.
Greenheart Travel's High School Abroad Program provides students (age 15 - 18) with an opportunity to study for a trimester, semester or academic year living with a host family, attending a local school high school, and experiencing day-to-day life in New Zealand.
Program fee includes:
- Roundtrip international airfare from designated gateway airport to New Zealand
- Host family accommodations and 3 meals per day
- Medical/Accident insurance
- Support and counseling services from in-country staff
- 24-hour emergency support
- Pre-departure orientations
- Arrival Orientation with local coordinator in New Zealand
- Personal assistance from a Greenheart Travel program manager
- Letter of Recommendation upon request and successful completion of the program
- Setting Description:
- Students are placed in safe communities all around the New Zealand. It is important to be flexible about which town you’re placed in since we are unable to take your location preferences into account. Our priority is to identify a host family and community that is the best match for you.
- Program Fees: --Academic Trimester: $11,930 --Academic Semester: $17,220 --Academic Year: $26,750 --Check out our website for seasonal early bird application discounts for up to $500 off your program fee!
Additional Program Information
- To study in New Zealand, students must: -- Be between 15 and 18 years of age -- Be from the United States or Canada -- Possess a high school cumulative GPA of at least 2.75/4.0 -- Be in great mental* and physical health -- Have a genuine interest in becoming a part of your host family and community
Based on 1 Reviews
- New Zealand Exchange06/06/18
My Exchange abroad has been a life-changing six months. I have had so many extraordinary adventures that I would never have had the chance to take part in otherwise. But not only have I experienced some unbelievable things, such as rafting the highest
commercially rafted waterfall in the world, and swimming face to face with wild dolphins, it is just as much the little things that made my exchange so memorable. These include walking around town on the weekends with my German and Hong Konganese sisters, going on runs in the redwood forest, or just spending time talking with my amazing international coordinators. The people that I have met and the friends I have made, make New Zealand feel like my second home, and they truly are like my second family. I am sad that my exchange will be coming to an end in less than one short month, but I will cherish the memories and the friendships I have made forever, and I can't wait to see what opportunities this experience opens up for me in the future.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend