- San Jose, Costa Rica
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- High School
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Winter Semester
- Program Description:
Studying abroad in Costa Rica gives you the chance to immerse yourself in a culture where “pura vida” is not just a saying, it is an appreciation of the natural beauty and friendliness of its people. This is your chance to have the adventure of a lifetime while learning Spanish and about the Costa Rican way of life.
The government of Costa Rica invests much of its funding toward their education system. To fully embrace your local Costa Rican community you will attend a public school and all of your classes will be taught in Spanish. Mandatory school uniforms minimize economic differences among classmates and will make your packing process much easier! Typical classes include: Math, Spanish, English, Science, Geography and Agriculture.
What’s included in the program fee:
- Roundtrip international airfare from Miami to San Jose, Costa Rica
- Host family accommodations and 3 meals per day
- Medical/Accident Insurance
- Support and counseling services from in-country staff
- 24 hour emergency support
- Pre-departure orientations (via Skype)
- Greeting upon arrival at San Jose airport
- Arrival Orientation in San Jose
- Personal assistance from Greenheart Travel Program Manager
- Letter of recommendation upon request and successful completion of the program
- Assigned mentor, prior to departure, upon request
- Setting Description:
- All students will live with a local host family and be fully immersed in high school classes taught in Spanish. Prospective host families undergo a rigorous screening process. Participants can rest assured that only suitable host families will be selected. In fact, many of our current host families have hosted students in the past, showing what an impactful experience it was.
- Academic Trimester: $5,910 Academic Semester: $10,070 Academic Year: $13,190 Check out our website for early bird application discounts!
Additional Program Information
- Students must: -- Be between 14 and 18 years of age -- Be from the United States or Canada -- Possess a high school cumulative GPA of at least 2.75/4.0 -- Be in great mental* and physical health -- Have a genuine interest in becoming a part of your host family and community -- Be willing to study and learn Spanish. -- If your command of Spanish is not sufficient to follow lessons in school, you will be expected to take additional language lessons at your own cost.
Based on 2 Reviews
- Living and studying in beautiful Costa Rica06/29/16
As a parent, I had many questions about the administrative and practical aspects of the program, all of which were quickly and professionally answered by the Greenheart Travel professionals. My son really enjoyed his study abroad experience and the opportunity
to become culturally immersed in beautiful Costa Rica. He was placed with a wonderful host family and developed great relationships with friends and teachers from school. Overall, we are very pleased with the program.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
This was one of the most pivotal choices of my life doing this, it has taught so much more than Spanish and I would do it again, as well as reccomend it for anyone looking for a life changing experience. There were some tuff situations for me, but that's
partly why I grew so much. Because, you grow through what you go through. 5/5 stars. I loved it.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend