Greenheart Travel’s high school program in Australia provides the opportunity to participate in exciting school-based activities, while immersing yourself in the Aussie way of life for a trimester, semester or academic year abroad.
- Canberra, Australia
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- High School
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Winter Semester
- Program Description:
Greenheart Travel’s high school program in Australia provides the opportunity to participate in exciting school-based activities such as drama productions, music bands, weekend sports and adventure activities, while immersing yourself in the Aussie way of life while living with a host family.
Program at a Glance:
- Host family accommodation will provide a full cultural immersion experience
- No foreign language experience required — they speak English!
- Program fee includes flights, accommodation & lots more!
- You can choose between trimester, semester or academic year lengths
- Straightforward online application process
Program fee includes:
- Round-trip international airfare from LAX to Adelaide (ADL)
- Airport greeting by your host family or local coordinator
- Host family accommodations and 3 meals per day
- Medical/Accident insurance
- Support and counseling services from in-country staff
- 24-hour emergency support
- Pre-departure Orientation and Preparation (via Skype)
- Arrival Orientation with Australian Local Coordinator
- Personal assistance from a Greenheart Travel program manager
- Letter of Recommendation upon request and successful completion of the program
- Setting Description:
- Studying in the South Australian hills will allow you to experience the many wildlife parks and outdoor activities! Living with a host family and attending a local high school will allow you a full immersion experience during your time abroad.
- Academic Trimester: $10,570 Academic Semester: $16,370 Academic Year: $27,440
Additional Program Information
- Students must be: -- Be between 15 and 18 years of age -- Be from the United States or Canada -- Possess a high school cumulative GPA of at least 2.75/4.0 -- Be in great mental* and physical health -- Have a genuine interest in becoming a part of your host family and community
Based on 1 Reviews
- An Amazing Experience for Anna07/16/15
Greenheart Travel was helpful from the start. Each step of the process was clearly communicated, questions were answered and assistance given when needed. There were no hidden costs and we were never worried or concerned about Anna during her stay.
The host family embraced Anna and they ended up having such an amazing special bond. They will be friends for life. They shared so many nice experiences with her and it was truly an amazing experience for Anna.” - Sandy Bruns, parent of Greenheart Travel alumnaread moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend