- Arcachon, France; Paris, France
- Program Type:
- Intensive Language
- Degree Level:
- High School
- 1-2 weeks, 3-4 weeks, 1-3 months
- Program Description:
Have you always dreamed of learning French while exploring iconic places like Paris and Arcachon? Now is your chance to experience the culture of France while perfecting your language skills with fellow students from around the world during a 2-6 week summer language camp.
French courses include 15 morning classes a week (3 classes per day for 50 minutes each), and are taught by native French teachers who specialize in teaching French as a foreign language. Teachers use dynamic, interactive educational methods.
- Accommodation for the entire program
- 3 meals a day
- 15 hours of language classes per week
- Daily Cultural Activities & Excursions
- Arrival orientation and language level placement test
- Airport pickup and drop off in France
- Medical and accident insurance
- 24-hour emergency assistance
- Local Coordinator contact
Read our alumni's stories about their language camp in France on our blog!
- Setting Description:
- Language students in Paris stay in a residence hall located on the school campus grounds. Centrally located in the city, students can easily explore the capital’s major, historical landmarks. Our residence hall offers facilities such as: a self-service restaurant, a cafeteria, sports grounds, and reading and TV rooms. All students in Arcachon live with carefully selected local host families near the school – 10-20 minutes walking distance to the school or public transportation. Prospective host families undergo a thorough screening process. Participants can rest assured that only suitable host families will be selected.
- 2 weeks: $2,530 / 4 weeks: $3,260 / 6 weeks: $5,020 USD. Program Fee includes: --Accommodation with a host family for the entire program --3 meals a day --15 hours of language classes per week --Daily Cultural Activities & Excursions --Arrival orientation and language level placement test --Airport pickup and drop off in France --Medical and accident insurance --24-hour emergency assistance --Local Coordinator contact
Additional Program Information
- --Must be between 14 – 17 years old --Must have completed at least one year of French language instruction --Be in good* mental and physical health --Have a genuine interest in learning French and immersing yourself in the culture
Based on 1 Reviews
- Can I Go Back Yet?08/14/17
Ugh, I hate that it's over. It was the best experience I could have ever had and my heartstrings tug just thinking about how much I miss everyone and everything. It was so hard to leave my friends, it's like I knew them forever. My memories in France
were literally the most heartbreaking things to leave behind, but I will treasure them forever. I did both the Arcachon and Paris programs for 4 weeks this summer. My favourite memory in Paris was when I "proposed" to my friend (as a joke) on the Seine river in front of the Eiffel Tower, then later got "married" in front of it at night when it was all lit up. It was magical, haha!! And for Arcachon it was definitely either when a bunch of my friends and I attracted a crowd by singing each other's national anthems terribly. It was so funny! Another favorite is the time when my friend Edoardo and I started re-enacting scenes from musicals and stood on top of low walls and tables in the courtyard, eventually gaining an audience as we had a tap-dance competition (from a scene in La La Land). Neither of us could tap dance, but it was hysterical! Thank you so much to Megan and Greenheart Travel for being here to help me throughout this process, I can't believe it's nearly been a year since I took a step forward to make this decision. I hope to return to Greenheart someday for another breath of fresh air and my head held high.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend