- Badajoz, Spain
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- High School
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, MayMester Intersession, Rolling Starts, Spring Semester, Winter Semester
- Program Description:
Studying abroad with Greenheart Travel’s high school program in Spain is an opportunity to learn how to speak fluent Spanish, while immersing yourself in a culture that holds a high regard for great conversation, food, and friends. As a high school abroad student you will live like a local while you study alongside your Spanish peers and stay with a native host family.
Greenheart Travel's High School Abroad Program provides outgoing students (age 15 - 18) with an opportunity for a unique, rewarding experience that they will remember for a lifetime! Participants can choose a 1,2, or 3-month, ssemester or academic year program option, living with a host family, attending a local school high school, and experiencing day-to-day life in Spain.
Program fee includes:
- Destination guarantee available for additional fee
- Roundtrip international airfare from JFK to Madrid
- Host family accommodations and 3 meals per day
- Medical/Accident insurance
- Support and counseling services from in-country staff
- 24-hour emergency support
- Pre-departure Orientation and Preparation
- 2 Night Arrival Orientation
- Personal assistance from a Greenheart Travel program manager
- Potential opportunity for formal language exchange
- Opportunities to volunteer in your host community
- Letter of Recommendation upon request and successful completion of the program
- 4 hours of private Spanish tutoring
- Setting Description:
- Students are placed in safe communities all around Spain, though they are rarely placed in major cities such Madrid. It is important to be flexible about which town you’re placed in since we are unable to take your location preferences into account. Our priority is to identify a host family and community that is the best match for you.
- 1-Month Academic Program: $5,980 2-Month Academic Program: $8,110 Academic Trimester: $10,450 Academic Semester: $12,140 Academic Year: $15,410
Additional Program Information
- Students must: -- Be between 15 and 18 years of age -- Be from the United States or Canada -- Possess a high school cumulative GPA of at least 2.75/4.0 -- Be in great mental* and physical health -- Have a genuine interest in becoming a part of your host family and community -- Have at least 2 years of Spanish language instruction -- 5 hours per week of English language exchange with host family
Based on 4 Reviews
- Why You Should Be A Greenheart02/15/19
I had the best summer of my life in 2017. Going on this language camp was and is still the best decision I've made in my life. I went to Salamanca, Spain for 6 weeks and learned more than I could've imagined about the country, the language, and myself.
Greenheart was there with me one hundred percent. They sent me information about the culture and useful tips and tricks for a new traveler like myself and continued to support me until after I had returned. I still keep in close contact with this organization because of the friendship they have shown to me. They genuinely care about your program and what you learn from it. I can't recommend a better organization to experience the world through!read moreBottom Line:No, I would not recommend this to a friend
- Spain06/05/18My study abroad in Spain was filled with so many fun adventures. Between learning a new language and culture, I was never bored. I learned so much Spanish and made so many lasting friendships. Spain is the perfect place learn and have a lot of fun.Bottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- My Host Family was a Perfect Fit07/16/15The service was very good and everyone I met from Greenheart Travel was very friendly. My host family was perfect for my personality and everything went smoothly, I especially liked the three days in Madrid.Bottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- My only regret is choosing only one semester!07/05/15
There were so many activities that I got to take part in that changed me as a person! I got to teach many English, dance and theatre classes to younger kids throughout my city. I took flamenco classes which helped me understand more of the Spanish culture.
I also played volleyball with friends and I was terrible! But hey! You live and you learn! My favorite experience, and easily the best day of my life, was the graduation ceremony at the school because I was lucky enough to graduate early from my school, give a speech, and perform in front of everyone. Studying in Spain was the best thing I have ever decided to do. My only regret is choosing only one semester! Service given by Greenheart Travel and Hope were absolutely amazing and helped my family and I so much with getting set to go to Spain! I felt so welcomed when arriving in Madrid, everyone working at the building was so kind. It was my birthday so they got me Spanish pastries which was very kind! This was the best thing that has ever happened to me, and I cannot thank you all enough. My host family, city and experience was amazing. Thank you!!! - Alana Simpson, exchange student in Spainread moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend