- Arcachon, France
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- High School
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, MayMester Intersession, Spring Semester, Winter Semester
- Program Description:
As a high school student in France, you will be placed in a local school and will live with a French host family, allowing you to experience the life of a French teen firsthand.
Studying abroad with Greenheart Travel’s high school program in France will give you a chance to live and study in one of the world’s most creatively charged countries. Immerse yourself in a culture that inspired Monet to paint, Bridgette Bardot to act and Edith Piaf to sing. This is your chance to soak in the French way of life through full language and cultural immersion, allowing you to gain a new perspective during your academic adventure abroad.
Greenheart Travel's High School Abroad Program provides outgoing students (age 15 - 18) with an opportunity for a unique, rewarding experience that they will remember for a lifetime! Participants spend 1 or 2 months, a trimester, semester or academic year living with a host family, attending a local school high school, and experiencing day-to-day life in France.
Program Fee Includes:
- Roundtrip international airfare from designated gateway airport to France
- Host family accommodations and 2-3 meals per day
- Language and Culture program (4 days)
- Local arrival orientation with area representative
- Medical/Accident insurance
- Support and counseling services from in-country staff
- 24-hour emergency support
- Pre-departure Orientation and Preparation (via Skype)
- Personal assistance from a Greenheart Travel program manager
- Letter of Recommendation upon request and successful completion of the program
- Setting Description:
- Exchange students in France may be placed in safe communities all over the country, though we rarely place students in Paris. It is important to be flexible about which town you’re placed in since we are unable to take your location preferences into account. Our priority is to identify a host family and community that is the best match for you.
- 1 Month: $8,480 2 Month: $9,130 Academic Trimester: $9,910 Academic Semester: $11,900 Academic Year: $12,940 Check on our website for ongoing early bird application discounts up to $500 off the program fee.
Additional Program Information
- To be eligible to apply, students must: -- Be between 15 and 18 years of age -- Be from the United States or Canada -- Possess a high school cumulative GPA of at least 2.75/4.0 -- Be in great mental* and physical health -- Have a genuine interest in becoming a part of your host family and community -- Have at least 2 years of French language instruction
Based on 1 Reviews
- Life-changing Year for My Daughter06/18/15
A huge thanks to the staff of Greenheart and WEP. This year has been a life change for Sophia and we could not be more pleased with the program coordinators on both sides of the pond! Thank you thank you thank you! – Melina Rawluk, mother of Greenheart
Travel alumna, Sophiaread moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend