• Attendees will be staying at local houses in Ben Tre province Mekong Delta of Vietnam. They will share beds with mosquito net and fan. • Daily meals will be Vietnamese cuisine and will be cooked by the host the attendees stay with. • Attendees will hav
- Can Tho, Viet Nam; Ho Chi Minh City, Viet Nam; Sa Pa, Viet Nam; Hue, Viet Nam
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
- • Build a construction project that is in need for one of the remote Mekong Delta communities (i.e. a restroom of 4 toilette, a bridge, a road, a small house)
• The project aims to provide international student volunteers an opportunity to do community service in a property-stricken community of Ben Tre, where they will learn the value of hard work, experience living in a third-world country, and challenge themselves to make a difference that will have a lasting impact.
• The duration of the program requires 12 days, in which the first five days, the student volunteers will work on the community project and during the last seven days of the program, they will travel to sightsee some of the beautiful places in the south region of Vietnam.
• Attendees will be staying at local houses in Ben Tre province Mekong Delta of Vietnam. They will share beds with mosquito net and fan. • Daily meals will be Vietnamese cuisine and will be cooked by the host the attendees stay with. • Attendees will have access to clean bathroom facility (e.g. flush toilettes, shower, etc.)
The mission of this project will primarily accomplish three-fold (1) prevents the students and teachers from potential kidney issues; ( 2) provides a better classroom experience for the students and teachers; and (3) demonstrates examples of environment protection for the community, such as preserving clean water resources and keeping an uncontaminated and tranquil environment around the community’s lake and canals. Additionally, the community service project will serve as a melting pot for the international student volunteers to connect with the local community, enjoy a real-life living experience in a third-world country, and exchange their cultural experiences with the local people.
- Setting Description:
- Currently planned project: we plan to build a restroom for an elementary school that located in the province of Ben Tre, Vietnam. Due to the exiting condition of damaged and eroded toilettes, 250 elementary school students and teachers do not have access to a clean and hygienic bathroom facility.
- This is due to amount of students attending. Please contact Long at Green Summers for more details
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program