The Master of Arts in Counseling Ministries is designed to develop basic skills in biblical and theological interpretation, competency in the foundati
- Grand Rapids, United States
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Christian Counseling
- Program Description:
- The Master of Arts in Counseling Ministries is designed to develop basic skills in biblical and theological interpretation, competency in the foundational skills essential to the practice of counseling, and the academic base for state licensure. The Master of Arts in Counseling Ministries is a 72-semester-hour degree program consisting of a 33-hour core in Bible and theology, and a 39-hour concentration in Counseling Ministries. The counseling concentration includes counseling philosophy and theory, techniques and skill development, and participatory learning through a practicum and internship. The Bible and theology core includes a 9-hour Cognate specialization (Youth Ministries, Women’s Ministries, Adult Ministries, Bible, Theology or Interdisciplinary). A thesis is also optional for the individual intending to pursue advanced study at the doctoral level. Applicants for this degree should possess a minimum 2.5 cumulative undergraduate grade point average from an accredited baccalaureate institution. For the student planning to enroll full time, the table below provides a detailed and specific curricular path. Those intending part- time enrollment will find valuable insights from this information for planning your ideal course sequencing.
Additional Program Information
- Association of Theological Schools and the Higher Learning Commission
- Consult www.grts.us for specific requirements for the M.A. Counseling Ministries program.
- International Requirements:
- 1) Pre-Application 2) Official Application 3) Financial Support Form 4) Transcripts 5) TOEFL Examination Scores 6) Tuition Deposit 7) Student Visa
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program