The lessons learned through this adventure will not be obtained in a classroom setting. Instead, students will learn through cultural immersion, service projects, and speaking the language with each other and natives. Some of the specific curriculum highl
- Cusco, Peru; Puerto Maldonado, Peru
- Program Type:
- Volunteer Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Work Types:
- Environment, Social Services, Translation
- 1-3 months
- Program Description:
- This 19-day program in the beautiful, vibrant country of Peru will provide you with unforgettable adventures, incredible travel experience, and valuable language immersion. This trip offers a combination of team-building, education, food-tasting, and hiking. You will be traveling with high school students from 9th-12th grade from all over the United States. This will give you the ability to meet a variety of people with a variety of perspectives, and obtain contacts from many different places.
The lessons learned through this adventure will not be obtained in a classroom setting. Instead, students will learn through cultural immersion, service projects, and speaking the language with each other and natives. Some of the specific curriculum highlights include: -Learning about and visiting ancient destinations rich with history including Machu Picchu, the Temple of the Moon, and the Amazon river -Speaking the Spanish language with peers and natives through in a variety of settings, as well as the option to take a Spanish immersion course while you're abroad -Team-building through creating your own travel itinerary and planning service projects and day trips
There is incredible value that can come from spending time abroad in high school. Students will gain a sense of independence and leadership, as well as learn how to manage a budget and travel wisely. They will gain a sense of the Spanish dialect and learn how it is spoken outside of the classroom. They will expand their knowledge about different parts of the world, different foods, and different cultures. They will have a fantastic resume builder and good experience for future scholarship, college, and career applications. They will build relationships and connections with students, guides, and teachers from across the country. They will give back through volunteering and supporting the economy of Peru. Most importantly, they will gain an unforgettable summer experience!
- Setting Description:
- The program will provide you with transportation and lodging in a variety of popular Peruvian destinations, including but not limited to -Cusco -The Inca Trail -Machu Picchu -Yuncachimpa -Aguas Calientes -Lake Sandoval -Colca Canyon
- Program Cost: $5,789 Cost includes food, accommodations, lodging, airfare, transportation, classes, 24/7 guides, gratuities, travel insurance, national park entry, and full accounting services