- Louangphrabang, Lao People's Democratic Republic
- Program Type:
- Volunteer Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Work Types:
- Education, Women's Rights
- 1-3 months
- Program Description:
Travel to Luang Prabang, the stunning ancient city in Laos, and contribute to sustainable women’s empowerment initiatives in the local community. Get involved with English lessons, and help play a significant role in improving the quality and access to education for disadvantaged females, while increasing their employment opportunities and quality of life. You will meaningfully contribute to GVI Laos’ objectives such as: promoting gender equality, improving equal access to education and empowering local females to gain increased employment opportunities and self-determination in order to break the cycle of poverty and inequality. Volunteering with GVI not only allows you to participate and make a meaningful impact while assisting disadvantaged communities or endangered ecosystems, but it also offers fantastic opportunities to travel and explore the local area.
- Setting Description:
- Discover the ancient country of Laos when you volunteer with GVI on critical community development projects. Laos is still one of the poorest countries in the world and is largely an agricultural country. You will live in the beautiful UNESCO Heritage listed city, Luang Prabang, where you will be immersed in the diverse culture of Laos while you make a real difference in the community!
- 2390 - 4390 USD.
Additional Program Information
- Most people are eligible to join this program, they just need to be able to speak English and be physically and mentally fit. A passion for women's empowerment is recommended.
- Scholarships Description:
- Only National Scholarship Programs. Scholarships offered to the native people of the country where the program takes place.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program