Do you want a real and unfiltered look into Africa’s incredible iconic wildlife? Join our volunteer program to assist in vital conservation work.
- Polokwane, South Africa
- Program Type:
- Volunteer Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Work Types:
- Animals, Education, Environment
- 1-2 weeks, 3-4 weeks, 1-3 months
- Program Description:
Travel to a private Big Five game reserve in South Africa and volunteer alongside an international team assisting in vital conservation work. Volunteers learn to track animals through the bushveld, study their behavior and get acquainted with charismatic game species such as lion, leopard, elephant and rhino. This project gives you a real and unfiltered look into Africa’s incredible iconic wildlife. But unlike a tourist safari, you play an active and meaningful role in the research and long term conservation of South Africa’s natural resources in this stunning region of the world. Volunteering with GVI not only allows you to participate and make a meaningful impact while assisting disadvantaged communities or endangered ecosystems, but it also offers fantastic opportunities to travel and explore the local area.
- Setting Description:
- The Limpopo province of South Africa is host to some of the most remarkable wildlife, landscapes and conservation opportunities South Africa has to offer. The area is close to the the famous Kruger National Park in the lowveld and has a special kind of African magic to it. Participants can look forward to the possibility of spotting the Big 5 (lion, elephant, buffalo, leopard and rhino) while on project. Joining a project here is a truly unforgettable experience.
- 2390 - 7490 USD.
Additional Program Information
- Most people are eligible to join this program, they just need to be able to speak English and be physically and mentally fit. A love for wildlife is recommended.
- Scholarships Description:
- Only National Scholarship Programs. Scholarships offered to the native people of the country where the program takes place.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program