- Athens, Greece
- Program Type:
- Volunteer Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Work Types:
- Animals, Environment
- 1-2 weeks, 3-4 weeks, 1-3 months
- Program Description:
Discover historic Greece when you live and volunteer alongside a team of international volunteers, and make a real contribution to the conservation and protection of one of the most important loggerhead turtle nesting areas in the region. The team will engage in daily morning surveys to record nesting activity and protect turtle nests against predation by mammals and inundation by sea water. Volunteers will also provide important conservation information to overseas visitors and the local community. Volunteering with GVI not only allows you to participate and make a meaningful impact while assisting disadvantaged communities or endangered ecosystems, but it also offers fantastic opportunities to travel and explore the local area.
- Setting Description:
- Our Greece turtle conservation project is held at Mavrovouni, in the Mani Peninsula, just south of Gytherio. The area is famed for its beach, which extends for over 6km and is the largest one around Gythio. Mavrovouni has also been awarded the Blue Flag award for its pristine waters and provides an ideal environment for the loggerhead turtles to lay their eggs.
- 1990 - 5990 USD.
Additional Program Information
- Most people are eligible to join this program, they just need to be able to speak English and be physically and mentally fit. A love for conservation is recommended.
- Scholarships Description:
- Only National Scholarship Programs. Scholarships offered to the native people of the country where the program takes place.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program