Are you passionate about making a difference in the lives of children from disadvantaged township communities? Our program in Cape Town offers you the chance to make a meaningful difference in the lives of the local children.
- Cape Town, South Africa
- Program Type:
- Volunteer Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Work Types:
- Children, Education, Social Services
- 1-2 weeks, 3-4 weeks, 1-3 months
- Program Description:
South Africa's beautiful city of Cape Town offers volunteers the chance to volunteer at a township educare center, primary school or sanctuary for disadvantaged children. Our volunteers provide the children with much needed educational enhancement through educational games, arts and crafts. All of this helps create a fun, safe and creative environment to improve learnig. The Cape area has a rich and diverse history and plenty of places to explore in your free time. Volunteering with GVI not only allows you to participate and make a meaningful impact while assisting disadvantaged communities or endangered ecosystems but it also offers fantastic opportunities to travel and explore the local area.
- Setting Description:
- The vibrant city of Cape Town is one of South Africa’s most celebrated and famous tourist hubs. Our program in Cape Town is situated just outside the city in a charming coastal area called Gordon’s Bay. Our project work takes place in a township area where we work towards creating an environment that promotes improved education, learning and overall community development. GVI’s projects in Cape Town offer volunteers a true cultural experience.
- 2090 - 5590 USD.
Additional Program Information
- There are no pre-requisits for this project, however a background and passion for community development and education are beneficial. Students must also speak English and be physically and mentally fit to live in this remote location.
- Scholarships Description:
- Only National Scholarship Programs. Scholarships offered to the native people of the country where the program takes place.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program