- Pokhara, Nepal
- Program Type:
- Volunteer Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Work Types:
- Children, Education
- 1-2 weeks, 3-4 weeks, 1-3 months
- Program Description:
Travel to Nepal's beautiful city of Pokhara and volunteer alongside an international team in a care center or children's home, providing educational and personal development support to children. Visit traditional Hindu and Buddhist temples and embrace your adventurous side with white water rafting or mountain trekking trips in your free time. During this time, you have the chance to explore the area, live with a Nepali family, learn some basic Nepali and visit many of the local sights. Volunteering with GVI not only allows you to participate and make a meaningful impact while assisting disadvantaged communities or endangered ecosystems, but it also offers fantastic opportunities to travel and explore the local area.
- Setting Description:
- Our base in Nepal will bring you to a beautiful, culturally diverse region that is one of the poorest in the world. We are located in the ancient city of Pokhara and your time with us will make a crucial difference to Nepal’s development. With the densest concentration of world heritage sites, your time here will be met with equal parts cultural exploration and personal development as you make a difference in the lives and futures of disadvantaged communities.
- 1700 - 5300 USD.
Additional Program Information
- Most people are eligible to join this program, they just need to be able to speak English and be physically and mentally fit. A love for children is recommended.
- Scholarships Description:
- Only National Scholarship Programs. Scholarships offered to the native people of the country where the program takes place.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program