- Louangphrabang, Lao People's Democratic Republic
- Program Type:
- Volunteer Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Work Types:
- Children, Economic Development, Education
- 1-2 weeks, 1-3 months, 4-6 months
- Program Description:
Discover Laos' ancient city of Luang Prabang, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and teach English to Buddhist novice monks, improving the quality of their education and enabling them to access more opportunities and bring a higher quality of life for their families. Visit local sites such as the Mekong river, beautiful waterfalls and breath-taking mountains in your spare time. Volunteering with GVI not only allows you to participate and make a meaningful impact while assisting disadvantaged communities or endangered ecosystems, but it also offers fantastic opportunities to travel and explore the local area.
- Setting Description:
- Discover the ancient country of Laos when you volunteer with GVI on critical community development projects. Laos is still one of the poorest countries in the world and is largely an agricultural country. You will live in the beautiful UNESCO Heritage listed city, Luang Prabang, where you will be immersed in the diverse culture of Laos while you make a real difference in the community!
- 1890 - 7390 USD.
Additional Program Information
- Most people are eligible to join this program, they just need to be able to speak English and be physically and mentally fit. A passion for community development and education is recommended.
- Scholarships Description:
- Only National Scholarship Programs. Scholarships offered to the native people of the country where the program takes place.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program