Are you interested in making a career out of professional diving and marine conservation? Seek no further; our marine conservation and PADI Divemaster Internship is the perfect stepping stone to get your foot in the door.
- Tulum, Mexico
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year
- Work Types:
- Animal Sciences, Sciences & Environment
- Program Description:
GVI's marine conservation and scuba diving internship helps assisting critical marine conservation projects on the Caribbean coast of Mexico in the Yucatan Peninsula. Our interns undergo an extensive training program and gain in-depth knowledge into the local marine ecosystem. Whilst diving they get to put this knowledge to work when they join a team to compile crucial research on tropical coral reefs and fish species. Interns can rest assured that they will learn a variety of new diving and research skills and their efforts will make a valuable contribution to the marine ecosystem. The internship is geared at developing your leadership and role model skills, allowing you to develop a variety of key soft and hard skills that will put you a step ahead of the rest of the pack. After a successful internship, qualifying candidates may be given the opportunity to work for GVI or selected partner organizations.
- Setting Description:
- Our projects in Mexico are located in Pez Maya and Playa del Carmen, located along the Yucatan Peninsula. These areas are home to remote jungles and stunning tropical beaches. Our bases are situated along this beautiful peninsula past white sands, palm trees and deep blue waters.
- 8995 USD.
Additional Program Information
- Participants need to be qualified to at least PADI Open Water, or equivalent before starting the internship. Most people are eligible to join this internship, they just need to be able to speak English and be physically and mentally fit to join the program. A love for marine conservation is recommended.
- Scholarships Description:
- Only National Scholarship Programs. Scholarships offered to the native people of the country where the program takes place.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program