- Suva, Fiji
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Rolling Starts
- Work Types:
- Animal Sciences, Sciences & Environment
- Program Description:
Enter the global scuba diving industry with a professional diving qualification combined with work experience and marine conservation training. This internship helps you to get your PADI Divemaster qualification and boost your career when you join a scuba diving and marine conservation internship in the endless turquoise waters of Fiji. Undergo an extensive training program and gain in-depth knowledge into the marine ecosystem, then put this knowledge to work when you join a team to compile crucial research on tropical coral reefs and fish species. The internship is geared at developing your leadership and role model skills, allowing you to develop a variety of key soft and hard skills that will put you a step ahead of the rest of the pack. After a successful internship, qualifying candidates may be given the opportunity to work for GVI or selected partner organizations.
- Setting Description:
- Our programs in Fiji are located on the Fiji Islands in two stunning locations, the idyllic Caqalai Island and the Viti Levu Island. Caqalai is a tiny island (you can walk around it in 15 minutes) defined by white sand beaches and a lush interior. The island is on the edge of an expansive reef system and nearby to 10 small villages located on the neighbouring Moturiki Island. The second is in the Dawasamu District on Viti Levu, remote and known for its proximity to Moon Reef and its resident pod of Spinner Dolphins. Our projects let you experience true Fijian life in an amazing region defined by dense jungles and volcanic mountainsides.
- 11500 USD.
Additional Program Information
- Participants need to be qualified to at least PADI Open Water, or equivalent before starting the internship. Most people are eligible to join this internship, they just need to be able to speak English and be physically and mentally fit to join the progra
- Scholarships Description:
- Only National Scholarship Programs. Scholarships offered to the native people of the country where the program takes place.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program