Join our multi-faceted elephant internship in the stunning Chiang Mai region where you get a chance to gain valuable field-based experience. Develop your own skills while making a difference in the lives of these elephants and their traditional keepe
- Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year
- Work Types:
- Animal Sciences, Sciences & Environment
- Program Description:
Our elephant conservation internship is the ideal opportunity to kick-start you wildlife conservation career. This multi-faceted internship in the stunning Chiang Mai region offers you valuable field-based experience. Get ready for a hands-on approach; the internships is focused around three aspects: teaching English to community members, assisting with plant biodiversity studies with a focus on elephant foraging, and contributing to the rehabilitation of elephants which have been rescued from tourist camps. Interns can rest assured that they will learn a variety of new skills and their efforts will make a valuable contribution and all research performed by GVI Chiang Mai has made a huge impact on the survival of these elephants and the livelihood of their traditional keepers. The internship is geared at developing your leadership and role model skills, allowing you to develop a variety of key soft and hard skills that will put you a step ahead of the rest of the pack. After a successful internship, qualifying candidates may be given the opportunity to work for GVI or selected partner organizations.
- Setting Description:
- Located in the mountainous parts of northern Thailand, Chiang Mai is surrounded by breathtaking mountainous scenery. Participants are lucky enough to live and work in this peaceful atmosphere. Project work itself takes place in Mae Chaem District, a 5-hour journey into the mountains, where the famous Karen elephant-keeping communities reside. These communities have had a unique and sacred relationship with the elephants for the past hundreds of years.
- 7100 USD.
Additional Program Information
- There are no pre-requisits for this internship, however a background and passion for conservation and environmental awareness is beneficial. Students must also speak English and be physically and mentally fit to live in this remote location.
- Scholarships Description:
- Only National Scholarship Programs. Scholarships offered to the native people of the country where the program takes place.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program